Helensvale? worth buying?

Hi
Just saw a 4 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and double garage free standing house selling for 349k in helensvale. is it worth buying or is an indicator the property's price is plummeting in gold coast?

Hi
Just saw a 4 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and double garage free standing house selling for 349k in helensvale. is it worth buying or is an indicator the property's price is plummeting in gold coast?

The market has been soft there for a while. It is also a strong mortgage belt area. There will be pain felt there with the ensuing rate rises yet to come.

Happened last time rates rose. Will it get cheaper? Who knows..... :confused:

If the yield stacks up on that purchase price, then it's a long term proposition.

I wouldn't use one cheap-ish Helensvale property to extrapolate to the entire region's market and consider the entire GC will plummet. As mentioned earlier, it's already soft there and hasn't had a run anything like Melbourne or Sydney to date.

I think that is in an area just north of the main Helensvale area. Check out whether or not it isn't one of those high density areas next to the highway where the roads are very narrow, rather than the well established residential area, and then decide if it seems like a good buy.

did a drive by today

~ 500 m from the M1

backs onto 4 lane main road

But is in a sorta cul de sac

built in 2000, the currrent place would cost around 250 to replace

not much chance of a block of dirt in the coast for leass than 210

So on the surface would be okish

Several others for sale in the same street and on a thouse complex next door

ta
rolf

Next....................

the place has gone under contract :( too quick for me

No matter. Next................there will be others and another couple of rate rises will bring a flood to that "family home owner" market.

Be poised to strike and buy houses that are not only for sale, but that their owners no longer want.

I don't see that part of the GC market firing any time soon.

Be patient Silver :)

Back