Help! Advice needed regarding eviction and rental arrears

I wonder if I am just writing what many others may be thinking, that is Dazz, it is annoying when it appears you are going straight to the Property Management threads to see what funny little gem you can post on them that (from your view) shows how ridiculous it is to think residential property is a good investment.

Wonder no longer, Petal.

Have to say it Dazz; the jibes at us little folk in our pathetic little resi world are very tiresome these days.

Why do you bother with us all?

Wonder no longer, Petal.

Have to say it Dazz; the jibes at us little folk in our pathetic little resi world are very tiresome these days.

Why do you bother with us all?

Bayview

I think it would be fairer to say that the jubilation and endless discussion over resi property gets more than a little tiresome on this forum. There is this massive, profitable subject of property investing in Australia and this forum dedicates 99% of its discussions to the little resi pool, ignoring the rest.

I'm more than happy for someone (anyone) to point out, with monotonous regularity if need be, that there are these many other parts to property investing and, you know, rich people use them...

Bayview

I think it would be fairer to say that the jubilation and endless discussion over resi property gets more than a little tiresome on this forum. There is this massive, profitable subject of property investing in Australia and this forum dedicates 99% of its discussions to the little resi pool, ignoring the rest.

I'm more than happy for someone (anyone) to point out, with monotonous regularity if need be, that there are these many other parts to property investing and, you know, rich people use them...

This is because most investors are in resi property, and most here are in resi property, and most of these investors who are here are not big time. If they were; they wouldn't be here too often I'd suggest.

Most here would be varying levels of "on the way up" - with a large lean towards lower down the ladder.

I agree that there should be more input - constructive and helpful input - from the experts in other areas of property investing. Isn't what this is all about?

I would love to know more about construction, developing, buying comm, finance strategies etc.

And it shouldn't be too hard for them to either:
a) offer helpful advice to the small-time resi brigade - because they would have started with resi like everyone else, or
b) ignore the resi brigade if it's not in their interest and go elsewhere to get their equivalent level or higher discussions in their field of expertise.

It's pretty simple; either help out if you are big-time, or go away and stop treating everyone like little annoying fools.

Thanks to all

I'm happy to ask the question and accept whatever help/advice I can get. I'm slowly realising that there is just NO ONE PLACE to get all the information we need regarding residential letting and their problems. Residential properties is all I know and any other type of investing would have far larger risks for me at the moment. I have limited time to put towards studying investment info, much as I would like. The day to day needs of my little brood and the daily (currently) problems of our tenants take up enough of my time.

I am enjoying reading and learning what EVERYONE has to say in response to my question and all the other awesome threads on the forum. Gets me quite excited. I wish I had a bit more time etc. to investigate more options.

I got a little confused with the threads and so I've been updating our progress a little at: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53086

Anyway, the bailiff is coming tomorrow to try to evict the tenant. I say TRY as we rang the tenant on the weekend to warn him and give him time to move, but he said he didn't have anywhere to go and so he would just have to wait and talk to the baliff on Monday. Weird. Obviously he's not fazed by the bailiff. Makes me wonder how many times before he has done this. Also has had me worrying all weekend about how and how easily he will be able to wangle more time from the bailiff.
Anyone know?
What is the TRUE END of the situation?

Oh this is not fun and so stressful. I never realised before this (as previously stress has always been from something positive eg. exams, new house, finance worries but for good reasons) how life interrupting STRESS can be. Affects sleep, ability to be good wife/mummy, waking hours................On we forge to try to amass some residual income for our children in years to come and so their daddy can stay home and be more a part of their education than he can in a normal 9-5 job. Our goal was to have one property per child that we could give over to them when they were adult and one spare that we could sell in 15 or so years to fund a LONG around the world trip (educational experience). -> (and then maybe one to fund our church tithes and one or two for our retirement (or maybe that's what kids are for)...................we all need a goal right?) We were on track, but this next baby is going to be 'homeless' for a while - a long while. :)

Thanks all.

That's funny - I call it a joke and everyone jumps up and down disagreeing with me. You call it a joke and everyone agrees with you ??
I would bet, 9 times out of 10, most people would agree with you if you weren't such an *** in trying to belittle others for their choice of investments. Maybe next time try something constructive. You might just find that people read your comments, or take you off ignore........
The difference is in the delivery........

For one very simple reason wylie. Delivery means not a jot to me.
And here you have it. You have not a drop of human blood in your bones. You are arrogant and sarcastic and have a great deal of fun belittling those foolish Resi Landlords, who will never see the light. What else is there to do, I mean, you are obviously superior to us. The only real way to riches is through Commercial, where you can screw the tenants down to pay for every last cent they own and if they don't play ball, well, it is much easier to get a ruling through the Courts.

I seem to remember some of your commercial people threatening the safety of your wife and family. I seem to remember plenty of horror stories with your commercial stuff.

And here lies one of the many reasons why some of the more experienced Resi Investors stay with Resi and don't want to dip our toes into the grey murky waters of Commercial.

Sure there are risks with Resi, heck, there is risk with every type of investing, but there are more risks with Commercial. I have weighed up the risks many times and each and every time come back to the same conclusion. I'll stick with Resi thankyou.

I know that if you do well, Commercial will bring great wealth much faster, but it is also so much easier to go under. I'll stick to the slow route. I know what the risks are and I can handle that.

I totally agree. It would be great to have more Commercial Investors on the forum and to discuss the pro's and cons of Commercial. I am sure there are many facinating, helpful things that Dazz could share with us, however the problem is that Dazz tries to hold himself above us. Well, newsflash, he is no better than any of us. He just chooses a different vehicle than us. Good on him if he gets where he wants to go before the rest of us, but he doesn't have to continually "stick it to us."

I think the problem is that in the big bad world of Commercial Investing, Dazz is only a small player. Maybe he doesn't like to be the "little fish" so comes slumming here.

BTW, Hi Equity, there are rich people who use Resi property too. They don't all exclusively flock to the Commercial.
Let's hope you never need to ask for help, and have to put up with some tosser looking down his nose at you and making you out to be a fool for even considering to enter into whatever it is that is causing you grief.
Very well said. I'd give you Kudos, but apparently I have to spread it around a bit more first.

Kudos to you all.....fascinating indeed, especially for lifelonglearner ;

the bailiff is coming tomorrow to try to evict the tenant.

...ahhh, now we are getting into some proper subject matter. Now this thread will start to get interesting. Look forward to hearing what transpires with the bailiff.

Hot nuts strikes again!!!!!....................fark, this thread has been a top read.

Cold nuts,
aka Balls of steel.
BIG T.

Hi bailiff turned up. Tenant was at work, wife and all but one kid were out. 14yr old son was there (was very polite) and got kicked out along with their massive plasma screen, nintendo, another TV, stereo etc....................made me mad. All the mod cons, that we go without to put our money into IP's to fund tenants getting them instead.

Anyway, I'm in a hurry unfortunately. Here are some pictures of how we had the unit returned to us (they had moved out a lot of furniture it seems). I shall update on the events following soon.

IMG_5627Mod.JPG

IMG_5631Mod.JPG

IMG_5636Mod.JPG

IMG_5637Mod.JPG

IMG_5639Mod.JPG

Seriously, how do people live like that. We've all seen these type of pics before but it always amazes me how dirty some people really are.

Regards
Marty

Last edited:
Nothing amazes me anymore. I've seen that & worse many times. It sucks, but you live through it. What happened with all their crap? Did you have to store it, or did they have somewhere for it to go?

Found a letter on the kitchen counter saying the 14 yr old was due to appear in court yesterday. They should just have a standing weekly hearing with the family.

Neighbours rang truancy people about the kids and they were told the family was already being tracked due to the terrorisation that's happened to elderly neighbours at their previous house. (Funny cos the son told me they'd moved out as other kids in the street were a bit rough)

We met them Monday evening, they looked around a bit. They didn't bring any trailer and went off to get one. We put all their stuff in boxes and all their remaining furniture out in the carport. We were there 2 1/5 hours, they didn't return, so we put the more valuable stuff back inside and left.

They rang a while later asking for the new washing machine and fridge as they are being leased and need to be returned. We said ok, but we couldn't leave valuable stuff out in the open. Clear your junk out of the carport and we'll meet you Tuesday to let you take the rest. Couldn't get the fancy stuff through anyway dur to the other stuff piled everywhere.

They haven't contacted us since (it's now wednesday, past the 48hours we have to give them) and they have scrummaged a little through the junk in the carport but 95% is still there.

I drove past the house the wife and family had previously been living in and are moving back to and it is a large house with large garden covered in junk.

IMG_5666Mod.JPG

We think we may load up a trailer load of the boxes of junk and take it to them and then bring the good stuff home to store in our shed until they decide to pay the cartage and storage for them. Hey I wouldn't mind using their washing machine and fridge if they never get it. They are better than mine.

We're trying to decide between trying to clean carpets or replace with tiles?
Also clean walls or paint? Walls were getting a little bad before they moved in. We'd like to try to attract better tenants.

Neighbours told me they just use the stuff, chuck it out and then order a new lot of clothes/furniture/toys from a charity. There were 4 lounge suites around that I could see and count.

Are you talking about the fridge that is in the photos?

The mind does boggle though - how can anyone live like that and behave like that? More worrying though, how can anyone put their children through that????

:mad: Wonder if anyone ever told them that if they didn't spend a fortune on soft drink they may have had another $25 a week at least to put toward rent. There were bottles in almost every photo. Kids behaviour might improve with less sugar too. :(

Good riddance huh?

Back