Help me choose a business name

Wish-ga means nothing to me .. If your starting out the it needs either

1. Relevance or
2. Sounds trustworthy

No offense intended , but I would not be drawn to a company called Wish-ga

It sounds a little hippy to me.. I'm a pretty senior manager.. Maybe I'm old school...

Most businesses want innovation and productivity gains .. Something to help them get ahead of the game and the competition..

Either make it relevant or not at all .. But not weird..

No offence intended to anyone.. It's just my view ...

Arrh I almost killed myself coming up with a business name... The URL is the tricky part, you've pretty much gota invent a new word these days.

Checkout brandbucket.com

Wish-ga means nothing to me .. Either make it relevant or not at all .. But not weird.... I'm a pretty senior manager..

Georod3/quite senior mgr: you would know the importance of reading a document before responding?
Screen name "wish-ga" for privacy. Of, course using real 1st/last name in real life.

Original post contained privacy explanation line below proposed name.
So, I have changed it on thur 26/1/12 to read C_________ M________
to indicate my 1st and last names.

Georod3 I would not trade under wish-ga.... the hippy weird name in real life..... but 'round here people don't mind.

Last edited:
I understand the use of Write instead of "right".

I like the pun. ;)

But for a copy writer I need to demonstrate I know the difference between:

write vs right
their vs there
should of (no such thing) vs should have (correct)

If a business name has the incorrect version of right/write I wouldn't let them edit my stuff :p

I understand the use of Write instead of "right".

I like the pun. ;)

But for a copy writer I need to demonstrate I know the difference between:

write vs right
their vs there
should of (no such thing) vs should have (correct)

If a business name has the incorrect version of right/write I wouldn't let them edit my stuff :p

"We Write Stuff Right" :p

What is the major benefit to a business that uses your services?

Can you be more specific? The best name for your business will probably come from the biggest benefit you offer a business that uses your services.

Why would a business hire you if they/you don't know how your services benefit them specifically.

Like "Profitable Writing" or "Writing for more leads" etc

This is pretty much what I think too.

I sometimes sit at my computer, trying to work out just how to search on google for what I want, especially when I'm not sure of the correct terms or don't know exactly what I want, but know the general direction.

So, once when I wanted to get my art "out there" I tried to find out how to make my art show up on google. I didn't have a clue what I was actually looking for and that frustrated the dickens out of me.

I'm thinking if I was wanting to find out how to make my website stand out or be more impressive than my feeble attempts (if I had such a website, or even just wanted to start one) what words would I type into Google to try to find someone to do this for me?

Copy writer would be something I might type into Google.
Copywrite Connections is something mentioned by an earlier poster and that sounds like something I might search for.

Website Assistance
Website Help

Something like that isn't very innovative or clever, but I'm guessing those words might be ones that a numpty like me would type in if I was searching around for someone to help create my website or improve it, especially if I don't know the correct words I am actually looking for.

I suppose what you need is to speak to someone who has enough nous to set up a website, but not enough knowledge to do it well enough to get the hits they are looking for.

That only covers the web portion of your job. What is the major thing (as evand has already mentioned) that you are asked to do?

What would you type into google to find your own website?

Just a few thoughts - my first company name was too long and convoluted, my second is short, impossible to misspell and I've got the .com to go with it.

In this day and age I think that what matters more than anything else is being able to get the domain name, and, linked with this, having a short unambiguous name. Copywrite is clever, but 90% of people will remember it as Copyright. But Wotif seems to have worked.

If you use your own name you then have a business that may be harder to sell on as it's linked with your name. If you have a very descriptive name then this helps in the short term but may be unhelpful in the longer term - not a lot of mileage now to be had from Melbourne Cassette Tape Duplication Services. Make it a more general name like Yarra Business Services and you can do most things at a later date. Think Amazon, starting with books and now selling almost anything including cloud computing infrastructure, whilst Internet Bookshop, which I used a lot in early days, has vanished.

Lastly, stay away from anything that looks like passing off. Toys R Us have been known to come down very hard on people who thought they could be R Us. So Rolls Royce Copywriting is probably not a good idea!

Did a workshop the other day and google search is changing. Moving from searching strings of words to searching social media.

So it is the keywords in the content of your pages that bring you up in the ranking.

actually gonna start another thread on this.

Did a workshop the other day and google search is changing. Moving from searching strings of words to searching social media.

So it is the keywords in the content of your pages that bring you up in the ranking.

actually gonna start another thread on this.
..psypaperworks..

Problem with using "psy" or "Psych"

Most people don't know the difference between psychology and psychiatry.

Ambiguous.

Arrh I almost killed myself coming up with a business name... The URL is the tricky part, you've pretty much gota invent a new word these days.
I had that with trying to get a name for a new project I haven't quite sunk my teeth into yet. It took about 3 weeks to actually think of a name, and in the end I got a 6 letter domain that is so perfect it isn't funny, and the .com was free too :D Its an invented word, of course, a phenome play on an existing word that describes the project.

For another project we got crystal flask. Couldn't believe that domain was free, and its another perfect name. But again, took a while to think of something that fitted. At least the icon will be easy for that name, it almost draws itself.

Sorry, most people do. And its a lot mre than being able to prescibe drugs.

I think you post a lot of inaccuracies on here wish ga.

Problem with using "psy" or "Psych"

Most people don't know the difference between psychology and psychiatry.

Ambiguous.

What people type into google to find your website are your keywords. Having your keywords in your website name (URL) is the first foundation of effective SEO.

This is pretty much what I think too.

I sometimes sit at my computer, trying to work out just how to search on google for what I want, especially when I'm not sure of the correct terms or don't know exactly what I want, but know the general direction.

So, once when I wanted to get my art "out there" I tried to find out how to make my art show up on google. I didn't have a clue what I was actually looking for and that frustrated the dickens out of me.

I'm thinking if I was wanting to find out how to make my website stand out or be more impressive than my feeble attempts (if I had such a website, or even just wanted to start one) what words would I type into Google to try to find someone to do this for me?

Copy writer would be something I might type into Google.
Copywrite Connections is something mentioned by an earlier poster and that sounds like something I might search for.

Website Assistance
Website Help

Something like that isn't very innovative or clever, but I'm guessing those words might be ones that a numpty like me would type in if I was searching around for someone to help create my website or improve it, especially if I don't know the correct words I am actually looking for.

I suppose what you need is to speak to someone who has enough nous to set up a website, but not enough knowledge to do it well enough to get the hits they are looking for.

That only covers the web portion of your job. What is the major thing (as evand has already mentioned) that you are asked to do?

What would you type into google to find your own website?

Thanks so much for the input so far in letting me learn. Obviously lots of continued research needed.

Regarding SEO etc, there are a lot of opinions out there about the direction things will go.

Need to capture lots in the net.

*goes to collect her dunce cap*

Back