HELP NEEDED - restumping a queenslander

Hi all my names Shawn and I'm new to this forum and just looking for some feedback on a property strategy that myself and my dad are interested in doing... Any feedack we get will be very appreciated...

Basically what we would like to do is buy a queenslander in Brisbane, in decent growth area, train station, school etc etc...

We are hoping to raise the queenslander and convert the queenslander into two units (one unit above and one below)

We are just looking for information to find out whethert it will be feesable or not?

And what specifications would be involved?

Is there anywhere where we can work out what the costs would be?

Or has anybody tried this or something similar?

Thanks Shawn

Raising and restumping is the easy bit plenty of good companies doing this. As for spilting putting unit up and one down. The main issue as I see would be fire safety The ceiling and walls of the lower unit would have to meet fire safety ratings, I dare say sound proofing would also need to be considered.

Speak with your council and see if you can even do what your thinking, they may have restriction on this in some location. You could also find out any requirements and possible costing from thier side.

As for costing hard without anything to work with.

Good luck
Brian

Back