Help Please Newbie Questions

Just a quick question, i've just moved out of my property and handed it over to a property manager. The PM has found tenants who are moving in next week. I'm a bit worried about the house not having a T.V aerial and proper blinds. All the windows have thin white lace curtains. My question is if the tenants move in and want an aerial on the roof and proper block out blinds do I have to find the cashola and supply?
Cheers
Bayside

The antenna will make TV viewing much more comfortable. They may want Foxtel instead, so they can cough up the cost for having that installed.

As for the blinds, If they've already seen the place, they know what they've signed up for. If the blinds are functional and in good condition, why worry replacing.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

I'm a bit worried about the house not having a T.V aerial and proper blinds.

You are probably going to have to cough up for the TV aerial but not blinds as curtains were there when they inspected. But phone lines, TV point are considered LL responsibilities.

Thanks! How cheaply can T.V aerial be installed?

I paid Jims Antennas $550 for an antenna and a booster thingy - but I'm sure you can get cheaper. I was in a hurry - tenants moving in - and he was available. Check out TV antennas in the Yellow Pages - get some quotes.

Alot of the rental houses in the ACT don't have TV antenna installed. We are debating whether or not to get one put in our IP when it is built. We have also been looking to install one in our PPOR, so far the quotes have been between $250-$350.

Thanks! How cheaply can T.V aerial be installed?

We paid $400.00 to have 2 x installed on a duplex (we are a repeat customer) so I reckon $250.00 unless you need a booster or something fancy is a good price.

Can be done cheaper if you do it yourself.

Wait until requested as obviously you didn't need one when you lived there.

Propertunity - 'thingy' is a word Generation Y uses!!
Thanks for the lesson :p I didn't think a Gen Y, X, or boomer can claim exclusive usership of a word. My bad.

Great to read an older person using this 'generic' word.
I think I should be feeling outraged for your ageist comments:eek: However, I find myself in total bemusement:p:p

You are as old as you feel.
I don't actually feel any different than when I was 19.......but obviously you mellow a bit.

Alot of the rental houses in the ACT don't have TV antenna installed. We are debating whether or not to get one put in our IP when it is built. We have also been looking to install one in our PPOR, so far the quotes have been between $250-$350.

RR we are all going digital soon ! so wait and see!

if you get the right antenna you can get digital and normal on it. Ours cost about $70 or $90 or something like that off ebay and was pretty easy to install, but would have been easier if we stuck it on the fascia not the chimney - had to take off roof sheets to get into the roof. Oh, the joys of old houses with no internal manholes and small roof spaces.

If you fascia mount you'll most likely need a bracket thingy so it clears your roof for a better signal. Usually found in the same shop as the antennas, right next to the antennas.

Back