HELP - PM and tenant from HELL!

I predict that you're going to respond and want to talk about the PM or tenant's actions again, pointing out about how wrong they are. Please try and resist the urge for a few minutes, at least. If you can resist the compulsion to be defensive, I think you'll realise that this is a golden opportunity for you to take stock and improve your life. You need to take control of your emotions and have them working for you, rather than against you.

So your motto in life is that everybody must respond in the same way as you do?

I believe people should have some juice to life, get excited when things are going right, get frustrated when things need improvement - it will all lead us somewhere better!

I think you can ponder for a while you can reframe it to realize the Power of Frustration!

"It is often our moments of frustration that leads us to take action and seek a solution. When you're frustrated, a solution becomes a 'must', not a 'should'" - Anthony Robbins

That was exactly what I applied. And I got the results I wanted.

If I acted without any emotional juice I would still be wondering what's going to happen to my property and rent.

So who said my emotion was working against me?

So your motto in life is that everybody must respond in the same way as you do
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

Unfortunately, one of my biggest challenges is that I can't get enthusiastic about anything. :rolleyes:

If you count this incident as a "success", well, carry on... we obviously measure success differently.

(For what it's worth, my previous post to you has thus far received 4 kudos, and that's the most I've ever received on a single post.)

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

Unfortunately, one of my biggest challenges is that I can't get enthusiastic about anything. :rolleyes:

If you count this incident as a "success", well, carry on... we obviously measure success differently.

(For what it's worth, my previous post to you has thus far received 4 kudos, and that's the most I've ever received on a single post.)

Yes, obviously from oversensitive people who feel that my tone was directed towards them.

Think about it, my tone was my response to the ordeal I went thru, there was emotional charge. Fair enough.

But for you guys to get annoyed with some "tone" of words I type, well that's just a bit too oversensitive don't you think? It wasn't even directed at you guys!:confused:

And what does 4 kudos bring you? I received a few PMs myself from people telling me what I should do to the PM. Some people even recommended me better PMs.

If you read back the whole thread, there were people who think my actions and response to my PM was the right one to do to achieve results. It's ok if some agents try to slack off, but slacking off and then try to cover it up and get away with it causing the client to pay for the costs, that's not acceptable by my standard.

Fact: I was polite to the PM even after so many screw ups.

cool. great. and now that everything has finally worked out and settled down we all need to take a deep breath and move on to the next stage.

for rodimus that is looking for a better pm who does their job without them backing up with a "friendly" cattle prod - fantastic. for ozperp it may be keeping her enthusiasm for the next project - and for me? a hot chocolate and bed ... :D

loves ya all

Back