help to reduce tax / debt

Coastymike

the $13000/month is net income

After the car payments as well.

The OP is being frugal on all the 'little' things (takeaway, bought lunches, coffees etc) that add up. So it's hard to know where all the money is going?

gambling?? Something else that is expensive and hidden?

Understandably, lollipops32 didn't feel comfortable meeting some unknown crackpot off the internet, and so has decided to tackle her problems in other ways.

I wished her success in her endeavours.

I think it a shame that lollypops has not taken up your offer. I think you have a good heart to have offered a fresh set of eyes on their situation. I was hoping that lollypops lack of response this past 24 hours was an indication that she had in fact taken you up on your offer.

I wish her the strength to find her way through this. :)

it wasn't necessarily meeting a crackpot from the internet that concerned me although i do think in this day and age it doesn't hurt to be cautious, it was arming a relative, no, make that a complete stranger, with personal information regarding my life and other matters that just made me wary. i did think the offer was thoughtful initially and although i didn't want to meet anyone, i was happy to discuss by way of personal message certain aspects so that the thread wasn't hijacked by know-alls who add zero value or who come to conclusions about my very large leaking purse, but this wasn't offered as an option. we exchanged a handful of messages by PM and i explained my reluctance but then my reason for not wishing to meet was aired publicly which i found a little odd as i thought a certain level of discretion would have been afforded to private messages, but as this is not the case then maybe sharing any information privately be it by message or by meeting in person would have the potential of being shared publicly as well and that is not a situation anyone would wish to place themselves in surely? that's not to make me sound ungrateful for the offer, it's just to say that the terms of the offer weren't suitable.

Know alls who add zero value? You've got a **** poor attitude for someone who came here asking for help. There has been a lot of good advice given but you have not acknowledged any of it.

it wasn't necessarily meeting a crackpot from the internet that concerned me although i do think in this day and age it doesn't hurt to be cautious, it was arming a relative, no, make that a complete stranger, with personal information regarding my life and other matters that just made me wary. i did think the offer was thoughtful initially and although i didn't want to meet anyone, i was happy to discuss by way of personal message certain aspects so that the thread wasn't hijacked by know-alls who add zero value or who come to conclusions about my very large leaking purse, but this wasn't offered as an option. we exchanged a handful of messages by PM and i explained my reluctance but then my reason for not wishing to meet was aired publicly which i found a little odd as i thought a certain level of discretion would have been afforded to private messages, but as this is not the case then maybe sharing any information privately be it by message or by meeting in person would have the potential of being shared publicly as well and that is not a situation anyone would wish to place themselves in surely? that's not to make me sound ungrateful for the offer, it's just to say that the terms of the offer weren't suitable.
Your reason for NOT wishing to meet aired publically? A certain level of discretion to private messages? You've got to be kidding, right? The ONLY thing Dazz shared with the forum was.......
Understandably, lollipops32 didn't feel comfortable meeting some unknown crackpot off the internet, and so has decided to tackle her problems in other ways.
Everything else that was shared between the two of you WAS kept private. YOU are the one that came here asking for assistance, and then when a dozen or so well wishers give of their time and knowledge answering your questions and trying to help you out from a bad situations you label them as "know-alls who add zero value".

Ungrateful does not come close to the attitude displayed. Not just to Dazz, but to everyone else that offered suggestions. That's fine! I for one won't bother you any more. You can continue down the path you are on. I hope bankrupcy teaches you something, because at the moment you are unteachable.

None of the good advice had been acknowledged, and it seems you just want a place to vent your frustrations. Maybe you'd be better off speaking to a friend. Your situation is unnecessary and can be fixed with some tough decisions, hope you and your husband find a way to talk about it and fix it for the sake of the kids.

Have to agree with skater. You've been given great advice but don't seem to want to hear any of it resent any conclusions drawn (right OR wrong).

Why did you even bother asking?

Perhaps time to get this thread locked down. Everything useful has probably been said several times over and it's just starting to get nasty.

Yep. I agree with that one.

Close and move on.

OP (original poster). If you want some more detailed advice I'd suggest speaking to a financial professional to discuss your situation and have them provide advice based on having all the information,.

It may not necessarily been ungratefulness at work here. In many cases, it's not the spending that is the issue, but the psychology behind why it is happening.

It's extraordinarily difficult for most people to look at the situation objectively, because they need to look at themselves and this is usually exceedingly difficult to do. To the point where they would rather financial ruin than introspection.

It's unfortunate, but true. Anyway, I hope the OP and family get the help they need sooner rather than later.

It has been asserted that the verb to troll originates from Old French troller, a hunting term. A verb "trôler" is found in modern French-English dictionaries, where the main meaning given is "to lead, or drag, somebody about". In modern English usage, the verb to troll describes a fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat.[8] A similar but distinct verb, "to trawl," describes the act of dragging a fishing net (not a line). Whereas trolling with a fishing line is recreational, trawling with a net is generally a commercial activity.

I've only been fishing a handful of times in my life, but definitely going the commercial way and fishing with a net would be much more effective, although probably not as fun.
Tax deductible too, if carried out as a commercial activity.

Back