Help - Top Brisbane Suburb for long term growth around $500k

I am struggling to pin point a suburb to purchase a property in for my SMSF.

I want to spend no more than $500k.

This is a long term hold strategy (30 years).

Anyone got any recommendations.

IMO for best CG you want to stick to the BCC, people generally go to Logan for yield. The trouble is a lot of the best areas have moved beyond 500k in the last 12 months.

On the Southside, you can still get into Greenslopes for close to 500K for a 3 bedroom house. It hasn't moved in 3 years, but being nestled in between and close to coorparoo, stones corner, wooloongabba, then even further out the very popular holland park. It's been overlooked imo, full of character housing and diversity - I think it's time is coming. Neighboring suburbs have all shot up.

Has its own busway station, close to major employers - greenslopes and PA hospital. Freeway on ramp, close to tunnel to Northside.

I just bought a 1920s renovated 5 bedder QLDer for 700k. Bargain imo.

House with good land component within 5 to 7km from the CBD will always perform well.

The downside is that it will be an older house with no depreciation and high maintenance cost.

I'm in a very similar boat and have been looking around northern suburbs for something with minimum 600m2 (LMR) or 809m2 LDR with a reasonable house on it that would be near enough to neutrally geared that I can still throw the bulk of my super contributions into managed funds/shares etc.

I was considering units/apartments in Bulimba / Hawthorne / Hamilton / Paddington, but I really want something with a decent land component, with some development options down the track.

Back