Help URGENT Offer - Waiting to hear from RA

What a fantastic early Xmas present.

Cant wait for it all to be over. Even though I have enjoyed the process, i have found it to be stressful. Does it get easier with each one? I reckon if i were rich and were capable of buying 1 every year i wouldnt do so because its too stressful. I'd wait every 2 years. Maybe its cos im a newbie

Cant wait for it all to be over. Even though I have enjoyed the process, i have found it to be stressful. Does it get easier with each one? I reckon if i were rich and were capable of buying 1 every year i wouldnt do so because its too stressful. I'd wait every 2 years. Maybe its cos im a newbie

You learn from each consecutive purchase how to fine tune & do things lightly better from the previous.

By doing it repetitively after a while it just becomes just a business process that you do automatically without any real emotion involved. In other words you have pushed or stretched your comfort level horizon out far enough that the process is now well within you comfort zone.

The fear factor as was the case in the beginning when you first stated out down the property investment road has now subsided.

I hope this helps.

You learn from each consecutive purchase how to fine tune & do things lightly better from the previous.

By doing it repetitively after a while it just becomes just a business process that you do automatically without any real emotion involved. In other words you have pushed or stretched your comfort level horizon out far enough that the process is now well within you comfort zone.

The fear factor as was the case in the beginning when you first stated out down the property investment road has now subsided.

I hope this helps.

Yeah it does

Next one December 2012! :D

Hopefully my 1st ip will be neutral or close to neutral by then and my properties will have increased in value.

Next one December 2012! :D

That's 3 years away.
Bet you don't wait that long. Once you start you can't stop.
It's addictive.:D:D

I never would have believed I'd buy 2 in 2 months.

Loan approved today AND they'll give me more money. :D

I'm not actively looking now (new one settles 18th Dec) but if something great jumps out at me I'm ready.

I can't buy anything while I have a vacant house.

But hey, both the Gumtree ad and the slip in the window of the shop are getting some interest, even if 99% of people run away because of my next door neighbour. I've gotta hit the one person who can tolerate him eventually, he's not THAT bad.

That's 3 years away.
Bet you don't wait that long. Once you start you can't stop.
It's addictive.:D:D

I never would have believed I'd buy 2 in 2 months.

Loan approved today AND they'll give me more money. :D

I'm not actively looking now (new one settles 18th Dec) but if something great jumps out at me I'm ready.

If I can afford to i'll do it sooner ;)

In the meantime .... saving like crazy, lol i'm finding saving rather than spending becoming addictive. It is soooooooooo worth it!

If I can afford to i'll do it sooner ;)

hmmm but you never know, for a while there after i bought my ppor in sept 2008 i was saying i'd wait till 2011 to buy my first ip and i ended up buying in 2009, so maybe i can bring the next one forward a bit too!

Anyway 2012 is a good goal to strive for. I'd be stoked to be able to be in the position to buy again in 12

:)

Anyway 2012 is a good goal to strive for. I'd be stoked to be able to be in the position to buy again in 12

:)

Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 though? Ops, sorry, didn't mean to give you another unfounded reason to stress :)

Could I suggest a weekend away? Massage? Vodka? Any of these should help ease those tensions :p

Cheers
Greg

Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 though? Ops, sorry, didn't mean to give you another unfounded reason to stress :)

Could I suggest a weekend away? Massage? Vodka? Any of these should help ease those tensions :p

Cheers
Greg

went and signed the contract with my pm on friday. im feeling less stressed out now. she helped to answer my questions.... put me more at ease. lol and yep i've been exercising to keep the stresses down and I find keeping myself busy at work helps in that i dont think about it at times. Oh yeah and relaxing with the dogs. I also have my long list of things to do. im organised and know when to do what. would be more stressed if i hadnt prepared well.

Oh ooops didnt know world would end in 2012. :eek: I'll go buy that brand new toyota yaris, plasma, then go for a nice 6 week trip around europe. wont need my buffer. :D

Don't try and negotiate on these issues if this is all it is. The main thing is that there were no structural issues identified with the property, and also no pest and creepy crawly issues.
I agree with this. When you buy anything other than a brand new property, you don't have a right to have it in brand new condition. You have to be reasonable in your expectations, IMHO.
But don't you still have a 5 day cooling off period for contracts of sale??
Even where you do have a cooling-off, there's usually a penalty of $1K or so per property, so you don't want to cool off too often. ;)
Does it get easier with each one? I reckon if i were rich and were capable of buying 1 every year i wouldnt do so because its too stressful.

By doing it repetitively after a while it just becomes just a business process that you do automatically without any real emotion involved.
Yep.
The world's going to end and you're going out to buy a Toyota Yaris? Damn, you do need to get out more.
LOL - I thought the same thing! Your idea of living on the edge needs to be expanded, Kim!

went and signed the contract with my pm on friday. im feeling less stressed out now. she helped to answer my questions.... put me more at ease. lol and yep i've been exercising to keep the stresses down and I find keeping myself busy at work helps in that i dont think about it at times. Oh yeah and relaxing with the dogs. I also have my long list of things to do. im organised and know when to do what. would be more stressed if i hadnt prepared well.
Hey great thread as I'm in a similar situation and I hope it all goes well.

Back