Help URGENT Offer - Waiting to hear from RA

Congratulations Kim,

I am sure that all will go well.

I'd love a link to the property if you don't mind sharing.

I will have a toast to you on Friday night.

Wishing you much joy and trouble-free tenants.

Kim congrats on your offer being accepted...hope things runs smoothly through to settlement for you.

Is Lex doing your finance for you?

Congratulations Kim, it was interesting reading your purchasing journey!
Are you going to rent it furnished?
Let us know how you go renting it.

In Victoria, a signed contract, ready to be countersigned by vendor.

Cheers,

the Y-man

Works in QLD too. Nothing gets the deal done like a signed and fully conditioned contract that includes this kind of condition in it:

"This Contract is subject to and conditional upon the Seller providing the Buyer's solicitor with a facsimile or email (pdf) copy of this Contract (signed by the Seller) before 10am on Thursday 22nd October 2009."

Lets them know you're a serious investor and you're not here to stuff around. If they want to negotiate on price etc, they call back quick smart!

P.S. Congrats Kim!!! :D Well done!

Building Report ? Question

The building report was pretty good. :)

Further commentary and recommendations
The building is considered to be structurally sound and overall in good condition for age. The following notes are descriptive to enable you to plan normal on going householder’s maintenance.

Chemical Sealing
Walls adjacent to the shower have high moisture meter readings. There is no deterioration to the plaster yet; chemically sealing the shower walls will arrest this moisture.

I rang and found this will cost $360 to seal

Window Rollers
Rollers in the aluminium sliding windows are worn; replacement parts are available from Myaree Hardware in Norma Rd Myaree.

i found out this will cost around $200 to fix. But if I need to replace the tracks as well as the runners then it would be more. $70 per track. Could be closer to $300.

Oh also the flyscreen has a hole in it

Negotiate with Vendor ?

I was wandering if I have any grounds to negotiate with the vendor so that he would pay to fix the above. I have read and heard that it only applies to items that are not in working order when I settle. For instance if the stove is not working then the vendor has to fix it.

Any help appreciated

Also im waiting on finance approval. Should happen next week.

Would I have to pay to fix these things or the vendor?

For instance if the stove is not working then the vendor has to fix it.

a common misconception... you need to refer to your contract. does it say in there anywhere that the vendor agrees that all electrical appliances will be working at settlement? (or the oven specifically?)

yeah electrical and plumbing in working order

cool! well done. as a vendor I refuse to accept these annoying clauses... nothing worse than selling a property then being given a huge list of dubious electrical and plumbing issues 3 days before settlement. when you go to check it out take a plug in light or somehting so that you can be sure that ALL gpo's are working, try all fans, air cons etc...

Back