Help URGENT Offer - Waiting to hear from RA

How would they be able to tell if the appliances are working at settlement if the house is vacant and the power is out? Someone would have to cough up the silly connection/disconnection fees to get power on to check.

We're going to have to put something into our paperwork that we need to be there when the power goes back on when it is tenanted because we've done a lot of plumbing work with the power off, and with the power out we have no idea if all the new pipe connecters are tight enough.

good point RE... as the vendor that signed this silly clause it would be incumbent on you to be able to prove it, hence you woul dhave to cough up for connectiuon fees. I have had this problem before too....

How would they be able to tell if the appliances are working at settlement if the house is vacant and the power is out? Someone would have to cough up the silly connection/disconnection fees to get power on to check.

We settled a property once without connecting the power - the electric HWS exploded the minute we powered up.

Been too many times in the past with dodgy electricals - so these days we always connect the utils prior to settlement.

Cheers,

The Y-man

The building report was pretty good. :)

Window Rollers
Rollers in the aluminium sliding windows are worn; replacement parts are available from Myaree Hardware in Norma Rd Myaree.

i found out this will cost around $200 to fix. But if I need to replace the tracks as well as the runners then it would be more. $70 per track. Could be closer to $300.

Oh also the flyscreen has a hole in it

I was wandering if I have any grounds to negotiate with the vendor so that he would pay to fix the above. I have read and heard that it only applies to items that are not in working order when I settle. For instance if the stove is not working then the vendor has to fix it.

Hey Kim Congrats on offer being accepted. Just hang out till settlement.

With regards to the above queries, I would suggest you do the following first:

1. I have just cleaned up some ali windows in one of my IP's. It was getting quite difficult to open and slide. All I did was attach a gun (handle attachment with needle) to an air compressor and pressed the trigger. Was very surprised the amount of dirt that came out under the runner. (I would advise to do this before doing any cleaning). Then spray some WD40 under the runner (by moving the window back and forth) and the window now opens and closes effortlessly. You could also use vasoline (not grease) to lube the rollers. I didn't need to.....if I did, they would have flew of the runners when you touch the window!:)

2. Depending on the flyscreen damage, a whole screen of mesh to replace a door only costs about $12 from Bunnings, so would also do this myself. Maybe $5 for the little roller wheel to place the rubber again.

Don't try and negotiate on these issues if this is all it is. The main thing is that there were no structural issues identified with the property, and also no pest and creepy crawly issues.

I agree with some other posts that suggested to get a strata report however.

Cheers and good luck.

F

It could be that vendors sign virtually simultaneously, and by the time you phone the agent to cancel the contract it could be already signed. You could even finish up with more than 2 signed contracts with resultant legal obligations.

Better check with leglislation in your state.
Marg

But don't you still have a 5 day cooling off period for contracts of sale??

If this was the case, you could put as many offers in as you like, and once you are happy with one, you can cancel all other ones??

F

Kim,

Door rollers and flyscreen are very minor issues. You can clean as Fudge suggests or if the rollers are stuffed, take door out (usually you can just lift it), take rollers out, take to either Bunnings or a glazier and get replacements and fit yourself - it isn't hard though you might need a man to help you with the door as it's heavy.

Flyscreen - as Fudge suggests - it's just a simple maintenance job.

I won't comment on the moisture sealant as I don't have any experience with this, sorry.

But don't you still have a 5 day cooling off period for contracts of sale??

If this was the case, you could put as many offers in as you like, and once you are happy with one, you can cancel all other ones??

F

In Qld yes, but not in WA

### EDIT meant to say Qld has a cooling off period, WA doesn't

Last edited:
We settled a property once without connecting the power - the electric HWS exploded the minute we powered up.

Been too many times in the past with dodgy electricals - so these days we always connect the utils prior to settlement.

Cheers,

The Y-man

I'll add this to my list ta

Kim,

Door rollers and flyscreen are very minor issues. You can clean as Fudge suggests or if the rollers are stuffed, take door out (usually you can just lift it), take rollers out, take to either Bunnings or a glazier and get replacements and fit yourself - it isn't hard though you might need a man to help you with the door as it's heavy.

Flyscreen - as Fudge suggests - it's just a simple maintenance job.

Fudge
Don't try and negotiate on these issues if this is all it is. The main thing is that there were no structural issues identified with the property,

Yeah i agree with you and Fudge on this. Its not something I think I should mess around with. I'll fix it myself

Hey Kim Congrats on offer being accepted. Just hang out till settlement.

Cheers and good luck.

F

Thanks :) hope i can get to settlement. I'm waiting on the valuation atm. PPOR needs to be valued at $260 K for me to go ahead and settle. Cant afford it otherwise

ANZ finally made their correction. They approved me unconditionally for $182 based on the $239 K valuation instead of the $260 K valuation.

Yey now its unconditional for $199 K :D

Better get my settlement papers in now

Back