My girlfriend and I have $150K as a deposit and are looking buy our first IP at a mid-level price point (say $400K), but want to understand the best way to utilise this sizeable deposit to secure multiple properties in a short space of time.

We're looking for thought starters on how best to use this money to start a portfolio that will offer solid CG with the ability to move to CF neutral in a reasonably short timeframe. Regions we've been considering include Penrith, Newcastle, Toowoomba and the Brisbane LGA.

My girlfriend and I have $150K as a deposit and are looking buy our first IP at a mid-level price point (say $400K), but want to understand the best way to utilise this sizeable deposit to secure multiple properties in a short space of time.

We're looking for thought starters on how best to use this money to start a portfolio that will offer solid CG with the ability to move to CF neutral in a reasonably short timeframe. Regions we've been considering include Penrith, Newcastle, Toowoomba and the Brisbane LGA.

Consider the gift and borrow back strategy combined with general loan strategies.

Consider the gift and borrow back strategy combined with general loan strategies.
Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

Terry - does this process relate to gifting the funds into a trust and then borrowing from that trust to avoid paying excess interest? I'm not really knowledgeable on this process, so any resources to read would be great.

Rolf - We are sitting down with a mortgage broker tomorrow (he's connected to my parent's financial advisory firm) to look at the best plan of attack to make these funds work as well as they can. Was looking for any talking points or strategy ideas to take into that meeting.

All help greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Terry - does this process relate to gifting the funds into a trust and then borrowing from that trust to avoid paying excess interest? I'm not really knowledgeable on this process, so any resources to read would be great.

Not many people would be familiar wth such a strategy - you wouldn't find any literature on it either. You need to seek legal advice.

Back