Help with bathroom renno layout

Hey all,

So I've got a pink/peach bathroom GRRRR...being the tightarse that I am I've replaced the shower head/hose with the handout from our water supplier and it still looks horrible :)

On a more serious note, a generous mate gave me 3 sinks (2 singles, 1 double), cabinets, mirrors, etc to use (yes my mate is awesome), the sets I have are pictured here:
H201.jpg

H103.jpg

I'm not sure which wall to use and I want to put a tub+shower in there also, I've hit up paint (while @ work) to try get my design mojo...I have not much.

UAxkmjal.png

Suggestions? happy to see your ms paint skills :)

how many bedrooms and bathrooms are there in the house? id be wary of removing the dividing wall if this is the main toilet.

Plumbing??

Is it easy to move plumbing around the bathroom??

My partner is groaning about chasing the floors to move waste and plumbing around our bathroom as we revamp. Moving plumbing around the bathroom may add $$.

Your design on the right in post 1 is similar to my home. We have the bath opposite the vanity and the shower in the corner in front of the door. Could you do that and get a larger shower? it will also give an illusion for more space when standing at the sink if you have a (low) bath instead of the shower screen there. I would leave the toilet where it is.

Is your house on a slab or on piers/bearers. This has a huge bearing on how easy it is to move things around.

I'd prefer the loo in the bathroom also...the other half is against it tho.

I'm not really sure what the plumbing difficulty would be, the ensuite toilet is P trap and I'd put the renno'd toilet on the same side to keep plumbing easy?
I'd have to rotate it on the pic. I'm thinking the plumbing from ensuite could be leveraged and the existing S trap be sealed?

Sinks & bathtub would use existing, shower would need hot water piped, cold would be leveraged from the leftover toilet tap?? Is this the same water source as any shower? I'm not sure if toilet water is different in anyway.
I dont have any grey/recycled water. Shower drain could go down the S trap?

Angel thanks for the suggestion, I'll switch them around. I was even thinking a showerbath combo. Only issue I may run into with the 1st pic is the space left between the sink & bathtub could be quite small.

The house is on a slab. Is this harder or easier?

I've since jumped on the reece website and mocked this up (room is 2690x1740, entry door is 830mm from the bottom right):
3Xr6LVol.png

Slabs and plumbing

Hi Kambo

Moving drainage around on a slab is much harder as you have to 'chase the floor', which is basically making a ditch in the floor to lay the new plumbing. You also have to seal off the previous (existing) plumbing inside the floor. Possibly best to take your ideas to a plumber for estimates about moving plumbing around a slab.

If you are on a slab, try to keep as much as you can in the same location. Changing drainage and sewer on a slab is difficult.

I'd do shower of bath

Just wondering about showers over baths, do you think this restricts/deters potential tenants, or do people not care whether it's a separate shower and bath or shower over bath??

(My preference is for separate shower and bath because I hate stepping over the bath edge into and out of the shower, but this is possibly just me)

There are two good reasons to leave the toilet where it is - you wont have to alter its plumbing and one person can use it even if somebody else is in the shower and preening themselves in front of the mirror.

As for a shower over bath vs separate - it depends on your demographic. If the property is low-end, they wont care unless they have a disability. If it is a high-end demographic, they are more likely to prefer separate. Keep the step into the shower as low as possible. Even nineteen year olds can have knee reconstructions after a football injury.

G'day Kambo.
I,m a plumber and as you are built on a slab I would recommend leaving your toilet in its original position. If you have timber or metal stud walls it is not such a big problem moving the water points.
Moving waste points in concrete slabs involves using a wet saw and jackhammer to cut and remove sections of the slab. Excavating a trench for the new waste pipes, laying the pipes and backfilling with 5mm blue metal. I know many people use sand to backfill around drainage pipes but 5-10mm blue metal is the best backfill media.Then you have to lay new concrete and waterproof the entire floor and wet areas.

Back