help with choosing bt 2 property managers

Long time no posting! I need help with choosing between 2 property managers in Melbourne. Current property agent is a large RE, but I have not been happy with their services. So, I am looking to change agent - been thinking of going with a non-chain RE company. These 2 companies are on my short list and some on this forum would know them: investor direct (Bill Zheng) and qura (Gatherum Goss). Both have been very good in answering questions and providing details about their services. I know that qura has been highly recommended by some here. Investor direct has not had a coverage - although BZ is probably known by some, and I read a few years ago there was rumour that they were closing their offices in perth and Brisbane. Please be brutally honest, who would you choose to manage your property. PM me if you don't want to share publicly - but no selling pitch, please. Just want some un-biased views. Many thanks!

Isn't it simple?
One has been recommended. Positive
One has not been recommend Negative
One has had rumors of closing offices Negative (even if un-true)

Go with the known option.

Interesting article in today's Residential PM

Reading behind the lies oops lines - a PM agency which focuses solely on property management is better equipped to handle this work than an agency which does both sales and pm. Why? How many times have you seen posted "can I use a different agency to sell my property"/"what if the PM agency doesn't give access to selling agent" etc

It is fine to go to a comprehensive agent if it suits but does it really?

Isn't it simple?
One has been recommended. Positive
One has not been recommend Negative
One has had rumors of closing offices Negative (even if un-true)

Go with the known option.

Yep - seems like a no brainer really.

Cheers

Jamie

Back