Help with digital TV signal!

While I'm here, I might as well try and sort this other issue out too.

We bought an LCD TV a little while back but never took it back because we fear they will take ages to repair instead of replace. we bought it from WOW.
Since day one, the picture doesn't get a good enough signal and keeps cutting in and out for the first 40 seconds before becoming fine.
You know how it is, the picture and sound breaks up and cuts in and out.

Now the problem is getting worse and it's happening quite a bit, even when warmed up. Our old LCD didn't have this problem so it's not the leads or antenna system, which is powered and we have the adaptor plugged in which powers the signal amplifier antenna on the roof.

Do you think the problem is a faulty built in set top box?
All other inputs like gaming systems and DVD players work fine.
Hopefully we have someone who's clued up about these types of things on board.

Thank you.

It could be that the signal from your antenna lead is just below what this TV tuner needs to function properly, since not all tuners are created with the same specifications, but the fact you say it's getting worse, indicates that the tv has a fault.

Unless there is a bird messing with your antenna, laughing when it hears you shout "DAMN TV!!! :mad:"

The problem is, not all digital tuners are created equal. It sounds like you're in a marginal area (due to the fact that you have a masthead amp). I have a similar issue due to where we live and I have been through sever set top boxes to find one that pulls in the signal well enough.

You can't rule out that the TV tuner may be faulty but its more than likely its just not as sensitive as your previous one.

Have you recently tested the cabling/antenna? Do you have any locals that have a separate set top box you could perhaps try with your existing antenna/amp to make sure nothings gone wrong there. The Antenna could have moved, or the cabling/joints degraded.

Also in marginal signal areas all sorts of things can affect signal (new buildings, trees, weather, atmospheric conditions) so the degredation could be environmental.

Might by time to call an antenna guy - make sure you have one that has a digital signal meter so that he can align it as best as possible.

Back