Help with finding rental in Sydney

Thanks for the info, how would the 50 min bus trip compare to travelling by car?

I am trying to pick a suburb in the hills area. Is Cherrybrook, Castle Hill any better than Kellyville. Kellyville seems to be cheaper, I am assuming there is a reason??

Usually the bad thing about the buses are that they stop too frequently, the stop-start routine is quite nausating. But the trip from castle hill to city is mostly on the motorway, quite pleasant to take a nap or two :) Driving would be too stressful in my opinion, not helped by the fact that you have to pay 3 tolls (m2, lane cove tunnel and harbour bridge) to get into the city.

Cherrybrook and Castle Hill are a lot more estabilshed than Kellyville so most of the essential services are already in place (shops, resturants, transport, medical, education etc). Also in newer suburbs most people would be on a mortgage, so interest rates movements will have a greater impact on property prices.

Finally, a shameless plug for my property in Castle Hill, just up for rent now :D

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=91728722&s=nsw&tm=1208740201

Is there enough money in it to be a renter's agent?? The stock out there truly is abysmal. Buying comes with it the additional transaction and after tax interest costs which you won't recoup unless you stay there for 5 years AND the property gives you minimum 7% cap growth.

Hey Gilmore

If you're looking to rent check out the new site www.rent.com.au
It's relatively new but already has heaps of listings on it and is only showing rental listings- no sales- this could give the other two sites a run for their money!!

Easy to use, clean and fresh looking, what a great idea!

Anyone wanting to advertise their IP should check it out- they take private landlords as well for very cheap rates as well. Great value at around $50 for a 2mth ad.

Hi Gilmore

We have just started to look for tenants for the duplex we have been building at Haywards Bay which is just south of Wollongong if you don't mind a commute of approx 1 1/4 hours. The website of the estate is www.haywardsbay.com.au and the agents site is: www.raywhiteillawarra.com.au/warrawong

Look for the 2 Haywards Bay listings in the rental section but don't look too closely at the pics as they were taken before the timber floors went in and any cleaning happened, if you are interested we took some new pics yesterday and I can email them to you. The water views of the wetlands is directly across from the townhouses and they are developing a nice boardwalk area around the Lake on the other side of the estate, there is even a little beach! On the other side of the highway is the regional Wollongong airport which might also be handy for you!

Good Luck in your hunt!

You could easily find something in your rental price range if you went west. I live in the Mt Druitt area & there are some good areas - no, it's not all housing commission. You could try St Clair, Colyton, Oxley Park, or you could go to Penrith, or even around Blacktown/Seven Hills.

All these places are close to the rail line & it is around a 1hr trip to the CBD. My Hubby catches the train to work everyday, from out this way. If looking to purchase, the prices out this way are a lot cheaper than the Hills district. Being only on $60k, I cannot see how you could possibly afford to pay $450pw in rents.

Back