Help with Kitchen Layout

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate any assistance with this kitchen design. The dimensions on the plan will be a given as will the sink under the window. The rest is free licence as long as I have a fridge, pantry, standard oven and cooktop, cutlery drawers, pot drawers. You can ignore the layout on the plan as it was never a given plan. Kitchen opens onto dining and living area.

Thanks, RS :)

Attachments

• Kit Home.jpg
    Kit Home.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 159
Don't see a pantry - where is it?

Is that a wall behind the stove - that is, when you come in the house is the a floor to ceiling wall on your right?

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I would appreciate any assistance with this kitchen design. The dimensions on the plan will be a given as will the sink under the window. The rest is free licence as long as I have a fridge, pantry, standard oven and cooktop, cutlery drawers, pot drawers. You can ignore the layout on the plan as it was never a given plan. Kitchen opens onto dining and living area.

Thanks, RS :)

i would place a pantry beside the fridge space and also cut the dividing wall back to be level with the bath wall ,mostly to give the illusion of a bigger floor area ,its only a 2 bedder so a huge kitchen wont be needed

Hi Rockstar, not to do with the kitchen, but are you going to be able to fit a washing machine through that 720 bathroom door?

If you're prepared to ditch the pantry you could turn it around anticlockwise by 90 degrees and have a breakfast bar instead.

This would also allow the kitchen to be shrunk for 2.6 x 3 to 2.6 x 2.4, bring the kitchen inline with the bathroom wall, creating a bigger space in the combined living/dining area.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 88
Nek is on the right track.

I'd lose the wall on the left side of the kitchen and extend the b bar across.
Put the sink on the breakfast bar bench. Retain the window.
It isn't as important to have a pantry for a two bedroom dwelling.

re the bathroom, swap the linen closet and door.

i hate corners in kitchens - they are so hard to get into ...

i would, along the fridge wall, put from l-r:

- fridge - wall oven with microwave space above (drawers/ cupboards over and under) - large corner pantry (entire house storage area) -

back wall l-r:

- corner pantry - cooktop with drawers or cupboards under - corner cupboard (can't get away with it) -

hall facing wall:

- sink - dishwasher - under bench garbage area - under bench cupboards and drawers -

If you're prepared to ditch the pantry you could turn it around anticlockwise by 90 degrees and have a breakfast bar instead.

This would also allow the kitchen to be shrunk for 2.6 x 3 to 2.6 x 2.4, bring the kitchen inline with the bathroom wall, creating a bigger space in the combined living/dining area.

Thanks neK, but this makes it much too small. Nothing worse than not enough kitchen space.

i would, along the fridge wall, put from l-r:

- fridge - wall oven with microwave space above (drawers/ cupboards over and under) - large corner pantry (entire house storage area) -

back wall l-r:

- corner pantry - cooktop with drawers or cupboards under - corner cupboard (can't get away with it) -

hall facing wall:

- sink - dishwasher - under bench garbage area - under bench cupboards and drawers -

Thanks Lizzie,

The window is a given as the frames are already up so I'm afraid the corner pantry won't fit which changes your plan. :)

Basically the frames are up already so I need to stick with the given shape and window position. Appliance and pantry placement is flexible.

Thanks for all your input. More ideas would be welcome and appreciated as per Lizzies method. :)

It isn't as important to have a pantry for a two bedroom dwelling.

Only if they don't eat.:)

Arms' idea of having a pantry alongside the fridge is good imo, and cutting the wall down between entrance and kitchen. That lower half, by the way, can also be open storage for shoes or books in the hall way.

You only need a tall thin long pantry floor to ceiling to create heaps of storage.

Think about bringing the stove over to the other bench, between the fridge and the sink. May look squished in a design but it works really well in real life. You only need 45-50 cms of space either side of a stove to cook effectively. On the other side, the entrance side, if you don't wall it up you have totally free bench space.

For storage think about the cupboards going right up to the ceiling. Nothing is more wasteful that cupboards which stop short of the ceiling collecting dust and cobwebs.

Back