Help with new Developments and other Ideas

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

I am a web design and developer by trade and about to buy my second property. Being a first home buyer, as the title of my other property is under a family members name, I tried to find new development around Sydney. This seemed a bit of a struggle as I couldn't seem to find anything. After a bit of hard work the closest thing I came to was Domain's New development section with practically zero information (I had to call to find out anything - which was not actually in my price range after all) and classifieds and pamphlets in my letterbox. Also realestate.com.au new development section was not much help it was almost non-existent as there is nothing there?

After much effort, I want to see if I can fix this. I am passionate about property and I want to make it easier for people. So does anyone have any thoughts in relation to my experience or share a similar experience? If so what would you like to see?

Property developers don't walk around looking for well marketed land opportunities that they can buy and make $$ on. Instead they look for the hidden gem - The land that is well sized that utilises a corner lot that allows dual access perhaps. A deep block that may take villa's etc. Two lots that are back to back with two street frontages with separate owners. ...A single lot but they speak to the adjoining owners and find willing sellers who haven't yet marketed their own land. They pay high for one lot and buy the other cheap and cut the agent from the deal.

They buy the land for a low price (land advertised as ready to subdivide may be a bit pricey) or do a JV with the owners then they do the leg work to create value by converting what start's as single income to multiple income. They don't wait for a REA to do the leg work and create a high price.

Most dev's get to know local REAs and take first crack at old dumps that hit the market (deccd estates ?). Or they find a run down property with good land...ie width, depth etc in LGAs that allow dual residences etc.

If you find land marketed as suitable for development chances are its being sold at a high price already and factors in the assumption of dual income / development profits already.

Three simple rules to remember : Buy low. Sell high....and make a profit on all the bits in between on an after tax basis.

Thanks Paul. However i am not talking about developers of property. I'm actually talking about people who buy of the plan apartments and house and land packages. To me I find it extremely frustrating when I can't see prices and all the information I want on the website. I want to see the information and be able to put down and expression of interest without having to go into the display home to do so. My initial question, there's seems to have been some mis interpretation - my writing skills are terrible, is, I was wondering if there is anyone who has the same dilemma as I have or if there is anyone who can give insight from an agents point of view in regards to this approach of a platform catered for this.

You must be looking at the wrong website. Try looking at Domain.com.au

I get the following pull-down menu:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Domain.PNG
    Domain.PNG
    192.8 KB · Views: 377
Back