Help with Quicken

Peoples,
I have a request. Can anyone help me with a problem? I've just begun using Quicken Personal Plus 2002 (trial version) buying the full one soon. I put in mine and my partner's super for the latest pay cheque (the first one we have entered). However, we have a few years of super payments we would like to enter in. When I try now, it stuffs up the pay accounts by putting the super in there also. Does anyone know how I can add the previous super payments without changing the pay cheques?

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Mark,

Personally, I do not use the wizards or let the system generate things like pays for me. For staters, my pay is never ragular anyway, and I also have found that the auto systems are generally only suited for "ordinary" people working nothing but 9-5 jobs. Anything slightly out of the ordinary and the automatic system just doesn't cope.

I make heavy use of scheduled transactions, which I set up myself.

The super stuff I use a wizard for initially, but then everything is manually entered... I don't really like their super interface.

In summary... I prefer to control everything myself, and never let the software generate stuff for me.

Doesn't exactly answer your question I'm sorry, but I hope it helps.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1

Sim,
Thanks for the post and the email. I actually bought the full version today, and figured out what I needed to do. Thanks for your help.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 1.1.1

I'd be interested to hear how you find Quicken. I'm using MS Money 2000 at the moment, primarily because I had a copy lying around (got it with MS Works.) I've been thinking of upgrading to a more recent one though, and something more "Australia" specific. I've heard Quicken is the best.

Anyone know when the 2003 version of Quicken will come out? Should I wait?

Thanks.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

On 7/30/02 1:34:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>
>Anyone know when the 2003
>version of Quicken will come
>out? Should I wait?

Probably in 2003 ? :p

Personally I wouldn't wait... Quicken 2002 is a very good product - and the next major release will be at least 12 months away.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

> > Anyone know when the 2003
> > version of Quicken will come
> > out? Should I wait?
>
> Probably in 2003 ? :p

LOL! I've seen things with 'year' version numbers come out significantly before the year in question.. so I was wondering if Quicken was the same.

> Personally I wouldn't wait... Quicken 2002
> is a very good product - and the next major
> release will be at least 12 months away.

OK, thanks.

Back