Help with Real Estate App

I am currently building a web/mobile application that allows landlords or real estate agents to easily manage property from anywhere in the world. I am wondering if anyone with experience in real estate, property management, tenant of a property or landlord could spare some time to give me some advice or feedback.

The main objective of this application is to reduce time and make the job easier for the landlord through automated features. Below are a list of the features I have included:

- Applications ? allow the tenants to fill out an application form via a link on the listing site (domain.com.au) where they must fill out their work history, rent history and other details including the credit report that the tenant can attach. From here the landlord can see the applications all in one place an select a tenant for their property

- Request Monthly Payments from tenants ? using PayPal the landlord is able to set up reoccurring payments.

- Ticket System for Repairs and Enquiries ? tenants can post an ?issue? (defect, repair, or enquiry). Landlords can also see these issues and; resolve, comment or close the issue.

- Invoicing System ? allows the landlord to create both automated and custom invoices and send them easily to their tenants.

- Payment Records ? manage your property and tenants with payment records which allow you to see the details of you income and outgoings.

- Automated Emails ? alerts the tenant when their account is in arrears or payment is due.

- Notifications ? the application will notify you of upcoming issues or messages.

- Manage Move Outs ? you are able to easily manage move outs with the click of a button.

- Messaging System ? besides the ticket system there is a messaging system that allows the tenant to interact with landlord without having to give out emails.

- Manage Tenant and Property Details ? easily manage your records, updating and removing records is a breeze.

- Maintanence ? create job requests once and email to all providers, keep track of jobs with an overview on what stage the job is at and

If there is anything you think should be included in this application or you have any feedback on the above please let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in when it comes out enter you email here: www.hayai.com.au

Get acquainted with the PSBAA and regulations (or equivalent) in each state to determine what information is required to be provided for certain documentation eg. payment receipt details.

As the system involves trust accounting, there are specific provisions required eg. an audit trail to ensure that transactions are not simply deleted - they may dissappear but are shown in the audit report.

Get acquainted with the PSBAA and regulations (or equivalent) in each state to determine what information is required to be provided for certain documentation eg. payment receipt details.

As the system involves trust accounting, there are specific provisions required eg. an audit trail to ensure that transactions are not simply deleted - they may dissappear but are shown in the audit report.

Most people that try and build a System struggle with the trust aspect.

or they build the trust account section and think they are done.

If you are managing vacates through the app does this mean that they will be able to do the ingoing condition report with the app and view it at the tenants vacating inspection and make comments against the ingoing report to show tenants and present at tribunal if needed?

Not a simple and easy item to look at + you will need to contend with the different laws in each state eg in NSW you can only ask for 2 weeks rent in advance by law. My suggestion to you is to look at data base systems already out there that do all off the above and learn from there. Also how will you maintain the system once introduced to ensure you keep up with all the new laws and changes eg window locks on ingoing reports for NSW?

Back