Henley properties group Melbourne ???

Hi, I am thinking about buying a land and a house package in Melbourne West, from Henley Properties group.

Any ideas about the company?
What is the quality of the construction of their homes?
Any other issues (positive or negative) with them??

I will be grateful for your comments/advice.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Dont really know about henley. But I built with porter davis. you might want to check them out. They were excellent. The entire process was too easy.

I bought in SE and quite a few ppl build with Henley too. So they cant be too bad as well.

My opinion only.

I'm pretty sure it's the same Henley Properties Group that has been building in SA for a number of years. You get a lot of house for your $ but the quaility is very average or a bit below.

They look big and expensive, flashy but lack substance.

Very good appeal for the masses, shouldn't have a problem selling but I wouldn't want to live in one for a long time, short term OK but not a long term keeper. I think too many things would go wrong.

Not sure how they go in terms of upkeep, I would assume you would be OK for say the first 5 years but after that they might start to require some more fix it work than a better house would.

My 2c from looking at display homes and walking through a few that were being built.

cheers
graeme

Im a mortgage broker for a large builder in Melbourne. All large volume builders, porter davis, burbank homes, AV jennings, henley, Simonds are getting better at what they do, ie having off the shelf home plans and building quickly. All of the builders have hundreds of designs, so they are going to overlap somewhat. The main diference between a large and small builder is going to be in timeframes. A small builder is more likely to take longer, both to build and to have the plans drawn.
Like shopping around for a loan, take a copy of your design to a couple of the larger builders and get them to quote. Its usually a deposit of $1000 to get the plans drawn and a fixed price agreed, so you can compare a couple. note, many builders quote low and then load the contract with site costs, which include excavating, and slab construction etc, so dont rely on the quote you get from the sales person, wait until you have the full contract in front of you.

Back