Henry Kaye

W

WebBoard

My daughter has a friend who, together with five other friends, has arranged to borrow the cost of doing a Henry Kaye course ($20,000K each approx). I'm a bit perturbed about this - can anyone help me out here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hennie,

If you go to University these days what do you do to cover the cost of this. The average course these days would be $20k or more. The information you get for that money will made the investment all worth it. It also adds an amount of commitment to yourself to get results. Please don't feel I am pushing Henry Kaye. I just feel that we under value education in general.

Kiddo.

Reply: 1.1

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Seriously, it's getting beyond a joke. I commend InvestmentSource for carving out a market for itself. It seems they just can't keep up with demand. The number of budding investors knocking on their door that are begging to pay $20,000 to be 'held by their hand' is just incredible. It's so true that fear in one of the strongest motivators on earth - "I'm so afraid and lacking in knowledge..would you mind if I paid you $20,000 to reassure myself I'm doing the right thing?"

For $20K you could buy every investing book on the market, take a few months off and personally speak to successful investors, and still have enough left over for a deposit on a suitable investment property. This forum, it's members and their advice/experience should be more than adequate to provide all the neccesary tips on negotiations, offers, contracts, valuations, settlement periods, market values, LVR's, occupancy rates, capital growth, negative gearing, depreciation, 221d's, finance sources and structures, CGT's, flipping, wrapping, accountants, lawyers/conveyancers, real estate agents, etc etc etc...everything.

All to their own, I suppose. I reckon life's too short to spend your money paying someone to hold you by the hand, holding back your progress by 50%, when all you need is some reliable info from people you can trust to have done it themselves....and really fast track your wealth creation through property investment.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

p.s. True, the $20,000 could pay for itself, and more, after the first IP deal. But what would your REAL ROI be if you managed the same deal without paying them the $20,000??

...think about it, and then decide.

Reply: 1.1.1

I am in total agreement with Dave.

If your daughter borrows this amount then she is going to cut herself of borrowing power to actually do a deal.

With $20k she can go ahead and do a deal straight off. With the group of that size they can band together to do similar to what Dave has just done with getting a group discount in buying into a block of units. Or they can approach a Real Estate Agent in a group and say say we are looking for a property each. Watch the agents eyes open up as he sees the commission rolling in.

Arrrggghhh, I can understand why someone would get themselves so far into debt to learn. Yes there is ALWAYS a cost to learning but why not try and make money whilst learning instead of giving it to someone else.

But anyway that is just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers
Robert

PS: Actually Geoff try and get all your daughters friends to read this forum. Get them to go to a cashflow night. Actually just get them to play cashflow, they can learn just about as much as a $20k course.

Reply: 1.1.2

I am in total agreement with Dave.

If your daughter borrows this amount then she is going to cut herself of borrowing power to actually do a deal.

With $20k she can go ahead and do a deal straight off. With the group of that size they can band together to do similar to what Dave has just done with getting a group discount in buying into a block of units. Or they can approach a Real Estate Agent in a group and say say we are looking for a property each. Watch the agents eyes open up as he sees the commission rolling in.

Arrrggghhh, I can't understand why someone would get themselves so far into debt to learn. Yes there is ALWAYS a cost to learning but why not try and make money whilst learning instead of giving it to someone else.

But anyway that is just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers
Robert

PS: Actually Geoff try and get all your daughters friends to read this forum. Get them to go to a cashflow night. Actually just get them to play cashflow, they can learn just about as much as a $20k course.

Reply: 1.1.2.1

last i heard it is still 15000. Why dont you get her and her friends to split the cost I.E divide the 15 grand between however many want to learn say if she has 7 friends thats a tad over 2 grand send one of the friends who is a good note taker and elaborate in a group when they finish. Remember they are also giving 15 manuals and 18 CD's etc etc full of info just a thought. No I haven't done the course I am seeing how far I can go on self motivation and education and so far its working well.

Reply: 2

To declare my hand straight off, I am a Property Investment Trainer with The Investment Institute, and I couldn't help but make some comments regarding these Henry Kaye and education postings.

At the Institute, we firmly believe in the need for education and the acquisition of knowledge if you are to maximise your investment returns. This can be obtained by a number of sources, many of which are free. As has been pointed out, this forum is one of the best sources of free education one can find, and I personally encourage every one of our students to actively use this forum.

Sure, much knowledge can be obtained from books, but this does not suit everyone's learning capabilities. Often, a classroom style learning program, where you can listen and ask questions is far more appropriate and worthwhile. This is what Henry Kaye provides. This is what The Investment Institute provides.

Having said all that, I would never suggest for one moment that someone should go into debt to pay for a training course. Ever.

I watch with amazement a very smooth marketing company spending large amounts of money on advertising raking in the dollars from thousands of people who do not stop to consider the alternatives. As a provider of quality property investment training programs, I cannot believe that so many people would consider paying in excess of $15,000 for a training program.

It frustrates me daily to hear people paying this sort of money for education. It frustrates me so much that I have to provide an alternative suggestion in this forum so that people at least know that there is a real alternative. I am sorry if some of you take exception to using this forum as advertising, but in my view, what I am about to say could save many people one hell of a lot of money, so I felt it worthwhile.

At the Institute, you can undertake one of two property investment training courses. Firstly, a one full intensive day dealing with buy and hold strategy, financing, and all other aspects so vital in a buy and hold strategy. The cost? $ 595, and we guarantee that we will save you at least $600 in establishment fees for your finance. Basically, the course will cost you nothing if you take advantage of the finance.

Secondly, you can undertake a 3 day intensive course on all other property investment strategies including flipping, wrapping, lease options, joint ventures, renovations, development etc. You also hear from Melbourne's best property accountant, Melbourne's best property lawyer, property valuer etc. Additionally, the third day is a hands-on bus tour of Melbourne property investment seeing first hand what makes some properties work really well as an investment, and why others don't.

Then, you also have a one-on-one meeting after the course to set you up on your path to financial success. The cost? $2,450 or $2,995 a double. Based on our double price, my reckonings say that this course is 90% cheaper than other programs out there costing $15,000 for one person.

It must also be remembered, that at the end of the course, you are not going to be sold into anything else, be it courses or property.

The point of all this is that for those interested in learning quickly, from proven experts in a classroom environment, then there are real and cheaper alternatives which will provide you with more useable information and knowledge than you can get anywhere else.

Finally, I repeat my opinion that you should never, ever borrow money to attend a training program. Education should be as affordable as possible, and not a ridiculously high price because the provider spends lot's of money on advertising, marketing, image building and promises of instant wealth.

I will happily speak to any of you in further detail about this. Either email me on [email protected] or ring me on (03) 9909 7233. Only based in Melbourne at the moment, but opening in Brisbane on 25th June 2001.

Nigel Kibel
The Investment Institute

Reply: 2.1

It took my wife and I two years to buy our first IP. First we started looking for a house for our future, then we started to pick up a few things here and there.

Eventually we took a short course (5 x 2 hours) in Property investement, which < $500 each. It probably wasn't as though as a $20k seminar, but it gave us more than enough info to know where to find further information, and to start asking the right questions.

We bought our first IP two months later.

There's plenty of information and courses around at very reasonable prices. A Henry Kaye course may be very worthwhile and you probably would make your money back on it, but going into debt over it would only hold you down at first.

Reply: 2.1.1

The only person getting rich from HK is the man himself. Many people have commented on this form about his $$$ not adding up. Have a read over some of the past posts and have a look at some of the other courses and books out there i e John Burleys
Just Be careful!!!!

Reply: 2.2

Hi Nigel

Thanks for your post. I think that sort of post (with the plug) is acceptable when buried 7 deep in a thread.

The other feature that makes it ok is that it provides an informed and considered point -- don't go into debt for private education. That earned you the right to include a plug.

Regards (with the occasional plug in my .sig)

Dreamspinner
Your Film is in Trouble when...
http://www.healey.com.au/~paulz/trouble.html

Reply: 2.2.1

Hi Hennie
I know that for some people there is a strong appeal in listening to a motivational speaker but I agree with those above who suggest that there are so many other less costly options available. I also believe that we learn best by doing - borrow to invest and learn from experience. It is possible to make an informed decision without having all the answers!
Julie

Reply: 3

I did an intro night a year or so ago, and naturally received the info. on the full weekend course (only about $3 or $4k then).
I was given the option of paying in instalments. Me being very pedantic, I read the fine print, and noticed that I gave away the right to sell my house if I didn't keep up the payments.
When I queried this, I was told "but you're going to pay, so why worry?" Hmmmm
I didn't do the course....
This may have changed now.
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 3.1

I did the weekend course 12 months ago and found it to be a little out of my league. I was totally ignorant to investments let alone property and some things just did not make sense to me. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to ask questions. I found it strange that we paid $4k to sit and listen without asking questions for our education. Go figure. Anyhow, I was put off with the Boot Camp ($20k) merely for the cost involved to hold my hand. All I wanted in the beginning was for someone to show me how to get started. I got the HK video set and I fail to see why they do not sell them in lieu of attending a meeting. I guess it is not as lucrative.

If I had the chance to do it again, I think I would look at other establishments with a lower cost producing the same message. I certainly would not go into debt for it.

Grant

Reply: 3.1.1

I know some people on these forums have attended HK and say they got their money worth via learning something new...

Any examples you folks want to post about

Reply: 3.1.1.1

If you look on HK's website (investmentsource.com.au) you will find an old brochure (2000 version) using different figures from the 2001 brochure....very rubbery.

Reply: 4

I have recently attended the Investment Institute's four day property investment course and found it to be incredibly informative. All the associated speakers were of a very high standard and for the four days I remained focused and inspired by what I was hearing.

The format was friendly and questions were encouraged. There seems to be a genuine desire by those associated with the Institute for their "graduates" to be empowered to use the information they have been given and to go out and be successful.

It was a fantastic opportunity and I would recommend anyone who is interested in doing a course to look at the Investment Institute. I currently do not own any IP's but I now feel I am much better equipped to go out there and get started and look forward to soon putting into practice what I have learnt.

Reply: 4.1

I did the course and the only advice I can give you is to go and buy a few books on investment property. The 20k use to buy your first property.

Ps The only free cheese is for the trap

Henry Kaye Giving Up Investing

Reply: 4.1.1

I have decided to give up investing.

From now on I am giving courses.

+ve CASHFLOW here I come!!!

Happy investing

Gee Cee

P.S.

My strategies may even work.

Any other budding entrepenaurs want to join ?

Henry Kaye Giving Up Investing

Reply: 4.1.1.1

Hi Gee Cee,

I recently attended a free seminar by Geoff Doidge in Melbourne. He mentioned he did these seminars so that he could show the bank that he was not too rent reliant. So I guess you do not need to give up investing: just add seminars to your income stream. With your experience, you could do well!

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques)

Back