Henry Kaye

W

WebBoard

Henry Kaye
Date: 08 Feb 2001
Time: 16:45:03

Dear Property Sages,

As an avid reader of this forum, and appreciating all of the excellent debate generated I thought I'd post one of my own. Apologies if this duplicates anything unintentionally, but....

I Went to see Henry Kaye last night in Melbourne.

In relation to this, I would be very interested in hearing anyone's opinions on:

1) his strategies/approach.

2) the extras i.e. the other bits and bobs he offers.

3) anyone who's putting his strategies into practice.

4) anyone using deposit bonds and how they operate.

I know Henry's been mentioned on the forum before (I've checked out the archive - mainly 'who is Henry Kaye') but I don't believe what he preaches has been discussed.

Thought it would generate an interesting debate.

Keep on foruming.

Regards, Deadly

Last edited by a moderator:
Manny

Reply: 1

Re: Henry Kaye
Date: 09 Feb 2001
Time: 08:56:49

Hi Deadly,

I went to his Henry Kaye's seminar last night & I thought it was of good value, but one thing that puzzles me (but also some others in the audience) was the following: * As property values go up, how can this be treated as tax free income? when if you re-finance your loan & tap into that extra capital (for a fancy life-style), aren't you in theory just taking out more loans? & how many times can you draw cash before you are up to your head in loans (with the CPI rent increases not necessarily covering the extra interest)...

Anyone in this forum graduated from his courses have any information they would like to share? & have implemented any of his practices (any good DEALS as he calls them)?

Any comments on the above would be greatly appreciated, but overall Henry's seminar was excellent & I would recommend it to anyone interested in real-estate & IPs...

Cheers, Manny

Jeanette

Reply: 1.1

Time: 09:16:09

Yes I sort of understand the theory of it. It is tax free income because the loan drawn on the increased equity is not reportable to the Tax Dept so you can do what you like with it. But increasing loans like that is outside my comfort zone so I could not do it. I'll take the snail trail.

Manny

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 10:46:54

Hi Jeanette,

I agree with you there, I will also prefer to keep my toes out of the deep water & not enjoy myself too much in fancy lifestyles & get caught out in too much debt that I couldn't afford...

I must admit that it is a good idea drawing the capital if you need it for another investment, but I would personally keep it to a minimum...

Back