Here is a pilot of my new tv show coming soon.

From looking at some of your other videos you get some funny stuff going on from some of the local ferals. Maybe think about adding some humour? It would be funny seeing some idiots yelling abuse at you and your workers as your making a lot of money?

See ya's.

Hi Nathan,

Nice shoot. Some of your figures look a little optimistic to me. Have you already done the reno with hard figures to back up? I just paid around 6k to gyprock a 75sqm 2 bed kit home so 2.5k seems out of the question for that house in the video to me.

All the best :)

Actually Nathan, the more I look at it the more unrealistic your figures become. What about project managers wage? There needs to be someone organising all the tradies. Roof seems wrecked yet there is no costing for that? All internal has to be painted - for 1k??

Prove me wrong and I will be most impressed mate. ;)

Actually Nathan, the more I look at it the more unrealistic your figures become. What about project managers wage? There needs to be someone organising all the tradies. Roof seems wrecked yet there is no costing for that? All internal has to be painted - for 1k??

Prove me wrong and I will be most impressed mate. ;)

Well, he has allowed:

Labour - $8000
Clean up - $1000
Misc - $2000

Maybe that's why the other figures look cheap, because it's materials only.

Good luck with it Nathan.

Sorry These figures were done in my car on a hot day and I was just sketching things out, this will not be aired on tv, its a promo for the stations.

Firstly kitchen (pantry, cupboards x 2, drawers, 2 x overhead cupboards, ad benchtop "very basic flat pax") is $650 + stove $521 + sink $87 + tapware/Plumbing $100.

And bathroom is $300 tiles + Toilet $106 + Shower $400 + Vanity $160 + Tapware $200 Add $2000 to labour as its $10k for labour.

So thats $1358 Kitchen
$1166 Bathroom
$180 paint
$2704

Therefore $7000 - $2704 = $4296 spare leftover for roof.

This isnt whats going to air on tv its the product that gets sold to the tv station.

I will upload shortly my shopping list which I spent on that burnt out house to quantify numbers.

Gyprock is definately $2500, thats for materials.

As for site workers etc, I get a measure up from my trades, get all itemised, I have an 8 tonne truck drop the gear off and they start working.

Therefore they get a set income for the job, and I arrange the stock. This does take somewhat more work, however its my part there of for making $$. Its good to make $$, but doesnt matter what there is always a level of work involved in getting the cigar.

More then happy to throw these #'s around further if required.

Oh also electrical will be more like $400 and plumbing inc HWS would be approx $1000.

It is cheaper to start from scratch then mess around saving stuff, and using second hand materials, nearly killed myself doing this way on my first house which turned into duplex.

Last edited:
Look at my invoices for the burnt out house. Cost up working on these sort of numbers....

Attachments

• Quote pg 1.jpg
    Quote pg 1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Quote pg 2.jpg
    Quote pg 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Quote pg 3.jpg
    Quote pg 3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 66
Sorry These figures were done in my car on a hot day and I was just sketching things out.

...........nearly killed myself doing this way on my first house which turned into duplex.

The problem I see with this one is that you are in Sydney and the joint is in Kempsey. Unless you have good local contacts for tradies and a project manager you are in for a lot of hassles in coordination. Not cheap to fly up from Sydney every week to sort out any hitches.

If you really want to help people make $$ through this kind of work then you have to make it realistic mate. That includes paying yourself a wage before profits are considered. The enthusiasm is great but keep it real and you will maintain a good reputation over the long term. ;)

The problem I see with this one is that you are in Sydney and the joint is in Kempsey. Unless you have good local contacts for tradies and a project manager you are in for a lot of hassles in coordination. Not cheap to fly up from Sydney every week to sort out any hitches.

If you really want to help people make $$ through this kind of work then you have to make it realistic mate. That includes paying yourself a wage before profits are considered. The enthusiasm is great but keep it real and you will maintain a good reputation over the long term. ;)

I dont have locals, I bring my tradies to the site from sydney. They are the site manager and they look after everything.

It is important to set up the right team, and have good tradies. I dont see how its not real because I am doing it.

Please download the order for my burnt out joint. That says $7800 but it was $7200 because I used my paint from sydney for $180 total instead of bunnings paint more expensive.

Please look at the numbers closer before saying I am being unrealistic. This is a pilot, its a draft like a promo for the networks, not a going live from these captions. As stated above I clarified the figures.

I dont do any work myself now days, you can come see my hands if you like, they dont get too dirty (they did once in the early days building sweat equity), I prefer to sign cheques.

Gotta agree with Rockstar...I really love your enthusiasm and the way you buy so well.... but I'm afraid those numbers for renos are just not realistic to me....or you have some very cheap labour who you must obviously have some sort of deal going with.
$8000 at $40/hr comes to 200hours...for one tradie...
or 100hrs for 2 tradies....or 2.5weeks work to complete all that work....???:eek:

Can you give me the names and numbers of these guys...I need some work done please...!;)

I really wish you well Nathan but it's a bit hard to come at some of your numbers....happy to be proven wrong so I know where I am missing the point...:)

I have 2 tradies whom work.

$10,000

/ 2

= $5000 each

/ 4 weeks

= $1250 pw

Does 4 weeks sound unreasonable?

Im happy to be proven wrong, but I am the one who balances my books and pays them, so I would immagine I know the numbers by now?

I have 2 tradies whom work.

$10,000

/ 2

= $5000 each

/ 4 weeks

= $1250 pw

Does 4 weeks sound unreasonable?

Im happy to be proven wrong, but I am the one who balances my books and pays them, so I would immagine I know the numbers by now?

So your paying $1250 per tradie for approx 40 hour week before tax?

Where do i get one of these tradies please? :D

BTW does the $5000 include there travel costs etc to KEMPSEY?

Its a flat fee, they drive there and either stay onsite or i pay for a cheap weekly accomodation.

They invoice me and I pay.

Its good labour, and these guys are retired lisenced builders.

Thats still $60k per yr, and they run their own show.

Back