Here is a pilot of my new tv show coming soon.

Hi Nathan,

Looks like it's going to be a really good show, wish I had pay TV!

Regarding the numbers for the labour, perhaps you should use figures on your show that are more attainable for the average person. You obviously have an awesome deal with your tradies, but 99% of the people that watch your show won't have the same contacts, and won't be able to put the team together that you have.

So when they watch your show and see the figures that you have for labour, they might question it and think it's really unrealistic. I'm sure the final numbers would still look good if you upped the labour figures a bit.

hey nath - the idea for the show is really good.

But a few tips if you want the show to be successful:
Try and add a little bit of fun and character to the recipe. Watch "Selling Houses Australia", and see how the people on the show interact and play with each other to make it fun and enjoyable to watch.
For instance, when you show the house.... you could come onto camera and say something like "initially, you would look at this house and think "why the hell would anyone buy this DUMP!?"... but if you look past the damage and the derelict state, there is actually a little goldmine underneath; you just have to polish it up".

A little more character and life in your voice and the way you carry your on-screen persona will go a long way.

Im not having a dig at all mate :)
Just offering some suggestions from the perspective of the viewer.

As someone who works with figures daily, Nathan's project doesn't seem too unrealistic. Impressive, yes, but not unrealistic. Some investors are better at these things than others and I think that Nathan may have proven himself skilled at driving a bargain by now.

So, good work, mate, and thanks for sharing the detail as well as the vid. Hopefully, we'll see this on air soon, hey?

I totally agree James...but we are trying to get across that not all people can get these deals...therefore a TV show based on elusive (to most folks) figures may present him a problem from the start don't you think....?

Unless of course he shows us 'how' he gets the labour so cheap..then the show would be balanced and informative.

I for one don't expect he disclose his private deals, but a TV show must have some transparency or he'll be bombarded with requests to explain the labour charges to those who are inspired by the perveived $$$ to be made...

Agree with Witzl too about adding some humour/character...it's early days Mate too so I'm sure you will be a pro after a few episodes...good luck again Nath...!;)

I totally agree James...but we are trying to get across that not all people can get these deals...therefore a TV show based on elusive (to most folks) figures may present him a problem from the start don't you think....?

Unless of course he shows us 'how' he gets the labour so cheap..then the show would be balanced and informative.

I for one don't expect he disclose his private deals, but a TV show must have some transparency or he'll be bombarded with requests to explain the labour charges to those who are inspired by the perveived $$$ to be made...

Agree with Witzl too about adding some humour/character...it's early days Mate too so I'm sure you will be a pro after a few episodes...good luck again Nath...!;)

Thanks guys,

This is just the promo for the stations for the concept. Shooting for series has not begun yet.

As for the show it will have all different stuff in it, like setting up a portfolio for life etc etc...

Will have heaps of $200k type properties in it.

Also different networks of professionals to give tips and advice etc...

Also will have fun and humour! :)

Something is still very fishy here........................

Unless they are related to you or doing it from goodness of their hearts then it doesn't sound realistic to me at all.

Maybe a tradie on this forum can confirm?

If you were to ask me to do a contract for you,I would charge you top dollar especially if it is live away for a few days.
However I have subcontractors that work for me for bottom dollar.

EG:paint a new 220 m2 house at Kingaroy I get paid around $6600, plus $500 travel = $7100
I can get that same house painted for $2200 plus paint and $500 travel(Covers fuel and 5 nights share accommodation at a motel for two)
Approx $800 paint.
That's a saving of $3600 if I subcontract the job.(That's in my pocket);)

Next time you have a tradie around, ask them how much time the spend quoting, getting materials, paying for them, invoicing clients, chasing payment etc. Chances are they won't know, but if you press them on it they'll probably get sad.

Nathan gives his guys a decent amount of work, agrees on a day rate, drops the materials to site, and then pays them promptly. I'm not surprised he gets them for a good price.

I've got an electrician doing some work at home for me. I tell him how many hours I reckon I need him for, I have the materials there when he arrives, I have a list of what needs to be done, and I pay him at the end of the day. He loves it.

Scott

next Time You Have A Tradie Around, Ask Them How Much Time The Spend Quoting, Getting Materials, Paying For Them, Invoicing Clients, Chasing Payment Etc. Chances Are They Won't Know, But If You Press Them On It They'll Probably Get Sad.

Nathan Gives His Guys A Decent Amount Of Work, Agrees On A Day Rate, Drops The Materials To Site, And Then Pays Them Promptly. I'm Not Surprised He Gets Them For A Good Price.

I've Got An Electrician Doing Some Work At Home For Me. I Tell Him How Many Hours I Reckon I Need Him For, I Have The Materials There When He Arrives, I Have A List Of What Needs To Be Done, And I Pay Him At The End Of The Day. He Loves It.

Scott

Quoted For Truth.

just saw it - top stuff - certainly whets the appetite.

Absolutely, positively off topic here, but why the name change Aaron??

Sorry, back to the thread...:eek:

Nice work Nath. Hopefully, in 20 years time when you're mega famous, I can say, "hey I knew that guy when he was just startin' out!"

Boods

Good on Nathan, well done mate.

I too wonder "how ?", but I'm used to wondering "how ?" about a lot of things, the clip made me interested in finding out, pretty sure that's what it's meant to do !

Hey Nath,

Hows the TV show progressing?

Have been following you and have seen a couple of your seminars and am really impressed.

Is the book going to be out soon as well?

Regards,
James

Back