Here is my property listing!

Well hooray! A property ad in queensland with photos that doesn't have all the curtains shut and light out!!

The Y-man

You have presented your unit beautifully and the pictures are great. However, out of 9 photos 3 are of the balcony. I understand this may be a feature of the unit, but I would prefer to see at least one of the bathrooms.

Also, as the 2nd bedroom is presented as a study I would add a comment to the listing about the room, i.e., room for queen bed in 2nd bedroom in case people think it is small as it is hard to tell from the picture.

Minor points only, overall a great listing.
Marg

Well hooray! A property ad in queensland with photos that doesn't have all the curtains shut and light out!!

The Y-man

Oh, of COURSE!! We had to buy little bits of cotton thread to hold the curtains back, as it looks much better than having them hanging loose like they naturally do.

We want as much light and air and bright and space as possible!!

You have presented your unit beautifully and the pictures are great. However, out of 9 photos 3 are of the balcony. I understand this may be a feature of the unit, but I would prefer to see at least one of the bathrooms.

Also, as the 2nd bedroom is presented as a study I would add a comment to the listing about the room, i.e., room for queen bed in 2nd bedroom in case people think it is small as it is hard to tell from the picture.

Minor points only, overall a great listing.
Marg

Thanks Marg! :)

Yeah, the 3 pics of the balcony are 2 of the very large front balcony as it looks quite different from both angles, and 1 of the back balcony, so people (hopefully) know there are 2 separate balconies they can "live" on, entertain, etc.

I get the bathroom thing. They did take pics of the bathroom / laundry and the ensuite, and I didn't realise at first they weren't included on the ad (all the pics taken were emailed to us and the bathroom pics were included, but then they were not in the actual online listing), and I texted the agent to ask if we could have them included as we wanted people to see everything, and he replied saying he left them out as there was no WOW factor (and yes, admittedly they are the least impressive rooms, but even so...as a buyer myself, I want to see ALL the property, no matter how unimpressive some parts may be), and he wanted people to come and inspect and not be given everything online first...so I can sort of understand that too.

And with the study, yeah...we may add in a thing about how it's s queen size bedroom...it'd fit a queen bed easily...it's not small.

Thanks again!

Looks great! Light and bright and nice and clean. Your de-cluttering error really shows!
Sometimes its hard to get a good pic in units, we have a hard job with the last place we rented. I suppose people want to see more of the bathroom or kitchen they will come to the open.

so people (hopefully) know there are 2 separate balconies they can "live" on, entertain, etc.

Don't assume anything ... I thought the last photo (back balcony) was some weird shot of the front door. Need to explain in the text that there are two outdoor entertaining areas.

Still to much clutter for my liking ... the heavy display units, screen etc ... but then I am a minimalist :D

Yeah...I know it's not a minimalist place. It could never be unless we moved out and put in some rented furniture. We still have to live.

Although yes, I agree that TV wall is the most cluttered area of the apartment now. I want a lovely white built-in style unit for all of our TV related things, but we can't afford it right now.

And hmm...the back balcony. I'll mention that to the agent that someone said they were confused by that picture. I know in the description it does say there's a balcony off the master bedroom, so there is mention of 2 balconies, but I get your point.

OH! And the screen you mentioned? The wooden one near the dining area? Yes. We wanted to move that out to the back balcony, but the agent who came when the photos were done and the photographer, were both women and we couldn't move it. It's really heavy. We'll see if our regular agent can help with that before people come in for the inspection tomorrow. :)

Thanks!

Go with the agent and leave the bathroom photos out.

This will force interested parties to actually come and viiew the property rather than reject it due to the bathroom.

The photos should entice a prospective purchaser to come and have a look rather than give enough information to reject it or accept it. Few would buy it without viewing it based on the online photos only.

sell the sizzle.

just my thoughts

Good, that's what I'd hoped someone would say! :)

Did you have a look at it? If you were looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment like this would you come to see it?

Update - we had the first open house today at 10.30am. We were hiding out downstairs in the car space / storage shed area with our cats in a cage (indoor only cats). Apparently 2 groups came through...hopefully more tomorrow.

After looking at the ad I think this.

The suburb property data shows median units at $280k, so I am thinking yours might be worth around $340k max, after all the trend line on unit values is down.

The recent sales that are listed are for single family dwellings a couple of times the median unit value so are irrelevant.

The map shows it is not too far to walk to the centre of Surfers which may be a good thing.

Your ad has me seriously interested in the property at around $320k, I am however worried about the body corporate costs of the pool. I am also worried about yappie dogs in this pet friendly building.

Personally I think I will rent in your building as I can easily move if the dogs are a problem and why would I buy something when the value trend is down and I can rent cheaper than interest on the mortgage and save the stamp duty costs.

You do have me thinking of relocating, our company has a Gold Coast office. What is the traffic like?

How strange and exciting to see my own home listed for sale online.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-surfers+paradise-109437766

And yes, yes, we are still going with the original auction idea. We're ok with that now.

Feedback on the ad and pics please!! We have spent the last 2 weeks cleaning and organising storage for all our clutter!

Well presented.

I can't tell from the photos, but I would take down any personal photos you have framed on the wall. (I think there might be 1?)

You can tell you are a cat lover!

Otherwise good luck.

F

Hi Stevie

Your property is very well presented. I recall your earlier posts in regard to your 'excess possessions' ie. clutter ;) so you've obviously been busy clearing and cleaning out. I think that you've done a great job at presenting a unit that looks light, fresh and spacious. I know that many GC units are poky, cramped and dark but yours doesn't look this way in the photos.

I also think it is very well positioned being on Chevron Island - it could be a personal preference thing, but I like how it's 'close but not too close' to Surfers if you know what I mean.

From the photos, it is not obvious that there are actually TWO balconies. I assumed all the photos were of the one balcony. Also, have you considered removing all the 'small' pot plants lined up along one of the balcony's rails and, perhaps, just having one or two large 'statement' trees such as Yucca tree/s in a nice big pot. You could also add a nice outdoor chair with a beachy-type striped outdoor pillow (to play up the fact that your unit is close to the beach?) 'Sometimes less is more'? No biggie, just a suggestion as it can give a balcony a nice, contemporary feel and it doesn't cost the earth!

Best of luck for a speedy sale!!!

Just thought of something else - I think your unit is in a position where it would appeal more to owner-occupiers and investors looking to rent out to permanents as opposed to holiday rental investors/holiday house types. Lots of permanent tenants and owner-occupiers are put off living in the units located closer to the beach as they don't want to have to put up with rowdy tourists in their complex. :)

Cheers!

Go with the agent and leave the bathroom photos out.

The photos should entice a prospective purchaser to come and have a look rather than give enough information to reject it or accept it. Few would buy it without viewing it based on the online photos only.

sell the sizzle.

I totally agree with this. Good luck with it!

Thanks Marg! :)

Yeah, the 3 pics of the balcony are 2 of the very large front balcony as it looks quite different from both angles, and 1 of the back balcony, so people (hopefully) know there are 2 separate balconies they can "live" on, entertain, etc.

I get the bathroom thing. They did take pics of the bathroom / laundry and the ensuite, and I didn't realise at first they weren't included on the ad (all the pics taken were emailed to us and the bathroom pics were included, but then they were not in the actual online listing), and I texted the agent to ask if we could have them included as we wanted people to see everything, and he replied saying he left them out as there was no WOW factor (and yes, admittedly they are the least impressive rooms, but even so...as a buyer myself, I want to see ALL the property, no matter how unimpressive some parts may be), and he wanted people to come and inspect and not be given everything online first...so I can sort of understand that too.

And with the study, yeah...we may add in a thing about how it's s queen size bedroom...it'd fit a queen bed easily...it's not small.

Thanks again!

I did not know from the photos that they were of 2 different balconies, I thought they were the same balcony taken from different angles.

I agree with the agent to leave out the bathroom photos, the rest of the unit presents so well that I assumed photos of the bathrooms would be an advantage.
Marg

After looking at the ad I think this.

The suburb property data shows median units at $280k, so I am thinking yours might be worth around $340k max, after all the trend line on unit values is down.

The recent sales that are listed are for single family dwellings a couple of times the median unit value so are irrelevant.

The map shows it is not too far to walk to the centre of Surfers which may be a good thing.

Your ad has me seriously interested in the property at around $320k, I am however worried about the body corporate costs of the pool. I am also worried about yappie dogs in this pet friendly building.

Personally I think I will rent in your building as I can easily move if the dogs are a problem and why would I buy something when the value trend is down and I can rent cheaper than interest on the mortgage and save the stamp duty costs.

You do have me thinking of relocating, our company has a Gold Coast office. What is the traffic like?

Wow! :) Thanks for that assessment...very interesting. Something else to definitely think about.

We thought pet friendly was a plus because SO many people who live where we do (in the area, not just our building) have pets, and we have also been to several inspections of similar places in the area which the agents said have had offers that have fallen through because the bodies corporate would not allow pets.

Anyway...the traffic...mostly it's fairly ok. Main road through my area with shops and cafes can get congested at peak times, but it's really not comparable with capital city traffic. Mostly it's fine.

Well presented.

I can't tell from the photos, but I would take down any personal photos you have framed on the wall. (I think there might be 1?)

You can tell you are a cat lover!

Otherwise good luck.

F

Thank you. Personal photos? We don't have any actual personal photos on the walls. Just framed prints and pictures...did you mean personal as in of us or our family or something? (did you mean the pic of the woman with the boobs by any chance? lol)

Back