Here is my property listing!

I don’t really think those comments are very helpful to my situation, Melbournian.

The curtains are a teal blue and they are standard to every single apartment of this same style and design in many areas of the Gold Coast. They do not look bad, in my opinion. Also, the reason they are pulled back in the photos is to minimise the impact they have on the room and let in as much light as possible.

The TV units do have a lot of stuff. We have put a LOT of other things into storage to try to improve the overall appearance of the apartment.

I don’t really think, at the end of the day, TV units will prevent serious potential buyers from coming to inspect the property, or prevent them from buying it.

Wylie, that person who asked for $300k for a $200k property was clearly not in a rush to sell!!

I don’t really think those comments are very helpful to my situation, Melbournian.

The curtains are a teal blue and they are standard to every single apartment of this same style and design in many areas of the Gold Coast. They do not look bad, in my opinion. Also, the reason they are pulled back in the photos is to minimise the impact they have on the room and let in as much light as possible.

The TV units do have a lot of stuff. We have put a LOT of other things into storage to try to improve the overall appearance of the apartment.

You would be surprised how those small details can take thousands of dollars of a prospective buyer's offer. It is all of the tiny, alost imperceptible details that form a positive or negative bias in a person's head. Melbournian has sold a few apartments in his time - so I personally wouldn't dismiss his comments so casually.

The Y-man

Ok, true. :) Didn't realise that.

Of course, if we were able to spend some money on putting new curtains or blinds in, that'd make the overall look more attractive, but we cannot realistically afford to do this.

I still don't think curtains are the reason (or a significant one) that we don't have much interest. :)

We had a potential buyer come last Saturday who apparently loved it, but we have not heard from them since. They were going to come back on Sunday and bring someone with them to reinspect, but that didn't happen.

We also re-arranged our plans on Sunday because of a buyer who could only come on Sunday and booked an appointment for 10am, but then they never turned up either. Very frustrating, to say the least.

Is open again this Saturday as usual.

Back