here 'tis

OMG I'M NESTING but i WANT WANT WANT.

I love that shower Lizzie. It is gorgeous well done!
Just the front of the house made me salivate.
Stained glass. Oh my goodness, i love it.

haha - hoping many others do too. hubby is putting the last blind up, i cleaned yesterday so only have to wipe the basins and kitchen benches over, and mop ... then, even tho it is sunny there is a cold wind, so make the house toasty and warm with the aircon and fire.

Very Noice

Looks terrific Lizzie.

Nice neutral tones throughout would not offend anyone and widens your captive audience. Ditto with the way the property is staged.

That's an outstanding facade to your property. All the best with it.

I reckon, based upon your posts in another thread, you've done the right thing to milk the heat of your (local) market now. Things can turn quickly as evidenced in Melbourne from April and aside from slight value softening, it's the waning demand that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy as the media adds to the doldrums and the masses buy into gloom.

All the best for a stellar outcome :)

Really loved the progress pictures, Mr Lamingtons really really liked that.

I think Lizzie is busy negotiating over contracts and offers. Fingers crossed!

12 groups thru in 1/2 hour which was really good considering was only advertised on realestate.com (our choice to eliminate the tyre kickers).

one couple was our secret squirrel - but their feedback was that there were a lot of positive comments, the house looked great (and was warm) and that the agent was working it really well.

one couple coming back tomorrow. agent said at least 3 other couples were very very interested for several, but different, reasons ... asides from all loving the house, a chef loved the vege/herb gardens, a boat builder loved the large garage, all loved the location.

let the bidding war begin! :)

Lizzie , you have done a great job on this reno, simply but very stylish and suitable to a wide variety of buyers. Good luck with a top price.
Now for the Qs :D

Whats that dark wall in the shower recess made of ?

Isn,t this the property you only bought a few months back?

Will you buy and repeat once this prop is sold?

Now as for cleaning the stained class windows, get a shammy and rinse well in a warm bucket of water, ring out tightly and wipe over the entire window area, lead lines and all. then with a wad of paper towel [cheap stuff is best] quickly wipe again. Sparkling windows

No cleaner solution needed or should be used near the lead lines anyway.
good luck
cheers

first building inspection booked in for tomorrow from a cashed up older couple.

the prob with the windows was old paint on the feature surface - had to get it off with cotton buds and paint stripper. took around 3 days to do the whole house.

not repeating. moving back to our ppor overlooking the ocean that still needs some reno's done. this thread house was the one we bought 18mths ago with the intention of reno'ing and selling.

p.s. the dark wall behind the shower is the floor tiles continued up the wall. we did the wall behind the bath, in the other bathroom, the same and both look really good - although the plumber was cursing at the hard tiles he had to drill thru for the screws!

first building inspection booked in for tomorrow from a cashed up older couple

p.s. the dark wall behind the shower is the floor tiles continued up the wall. we did the wall behind the bath, in the other bathroom, the same and both look really good - although the plumber was cursing at the hard tiles he had to drill thru for the screws!

Hope a sale goes through for you.:D

As for the dark wall it really does look good. My friend did similar in Her penthouse but made a big mistake. The floor was in travatene and she bought a tile that matched in colour to do the feature wall as the travatene is very expensive. However the tile didnt have a true edge and it looks like s##t with all the uneven chipped edges. It spoilt the whole bathroom but she didnt re do it as the costs were getting out of control.

two very good unconditional offers on the table with similar money ... agent coming around tonight to discuss.

sheesh - head spin!

two very good unconditional offers on the table with similar money ... agent coming around tonight to discuss.

sheesh - head spin!

Deep breaths, deep breaths Lizzie :p stop the head spin ;)

Sounds great. Are they in writing? Get the agent to play them off against each other is that's suitable depending on the rea's perception of how serious they are. You don't want to scare them off, however if you can get some more that's great. Would be wonderful to sell even before auction as long as you're satisfied with price.

Usually another OFI will create some pain for the "star buyer(s)" as they think they may miss out, with more competition. Could glean a better offer (hopefully two) out of them.

All the best :)

i don't want to scare them off.

agent is talking about bringing auction forward to this weekend as he believes there are others out there that will want the house and wants to get the competition heated without having a "dutch" auction - but i'm worried that it might scare off those with the cash offers.

my gut feeling is for the agent to contact everyone who has shown an interest, tell them there are offers on the table and ask everyone who wants to do so, to put their best offer on the table and we pick from those.

but i'm not sure anymore ... we've never had such a quick and competitive sale before.

what a crazy 2 weeks - hubby's 50th, then two other family birthdays, eldest daughter flew the coop today to adelaide (first one to leave home), school holidays with the hectic last week of school and then we're off overseas on friday.

lizzie, you have probably seen this happen before. You see a vendor get good offers before auction. They go to auction and fail to reach even the offers they had prior.

Sometimes you get the best & highest offers in the first week or two.

my thoughts exactly ... although if we do go "to auction" we would like it to be this thursday night (in front of the fire) with the interested parties only.

see what agent says - if the current offers are around the $$ we were wanting, then we might just go for that.

then we're off overseas on friday.

Spending the proceeds already Lizzie? :D

Why don't you just decide on a pre auction price you would be very happy with and put it to the interested parties? Might be able to stitch it up before your trip? Or get them to submit their best offers first in case they exceed your expectations.

And remember to keep the big picture in mind. A few grand here or there is neither going to spoil or make your show. Draw on all those years of experience and wisdom. Our thoughts are with you. :)

Back