here 'tis

Spending the proceeds already Lizzie? :D

nah - just the annual vist to the rele's in new zealand. a week spent lazying in front of the fire with good wine, coffee and company - looking forward to it.

the two offers are identical - same money, same (no) conditions, same situations. both in the upper echelons of what we were hoping to get. nothing to split them - agent wants to go to a closed auction, with only interested parties invited and fully aware of the transparency of what's on the table.

Have the 2 parties agreed to a closed auction as well? If so, I rekon I would agree and get it over and done with. If you are already in the dollar ball park then why wait? :)

Sold!!

one party was happy for the closed auction, the other wasn't. agent told them there were two identical offers, one party upped by $10k, the other didn't. offer accepted tonight. hoping to exchange (with no cooling off) by thursday at latest. fly out of country on friday!

for those interested - assuming goes thru as the couple buying saw the property before we bought, so have seen it unreno'd, and love it - $$ are:

buy $650k
stamp duty, legals, sales commission $45
reno $50k

total cost $745
sold $850

i haven't included interest repayments as we lived in the place for 18 months and spent 6 months very part-time doing a 10 weeks full time reno, and we needed somewhere to live and if it wasn't here we would have been renting at similar cost.

:D head spin

Well done Lizzie,

Have a great little holiday - and then onto the next project I would guess? :D Hard to shake the addiction. :D

You are an absolute inspiration lizzie ! i hope to attempt some of what you have achieved one day.
thanks for sharing your experience

Nice tax free profit Lizzie. Well done & congratulations!
Not too many people I know can report a $95k after tax income in 18months. Good luck if you ever decide to return to the 'real world' :rolleyes:

Looks like you did a great job on the reno too btw. Very nice!

Blacky

That price exceeded my expectations and probably yours too. All you need as a vendor is 2 emotional buyers ;)

thanks guys - it was at the upper eschlons of our wish price. yep - two cashed up and ready to go buyers who both loved the place at first sight!

doesn't help that it is in a tightly held desirable area - but we knew that when we pounced and bought.

when we bought, the vendors had already knocked back two other offers at the same price - but then found their dream home, so were happy to sell to us for (what i thought) was an obscenely low offer.

we bought right in the worst emotional month of the gfc, but knew that the crunch wouldn't last more than a couple of years (our timeframe was 3 years) - but things moved even sooner so we jumped on the wagon now.

sometimes it just all falls into place - but you still have to know where the market has been and where it is heading.

my "bling" for this sale? think it might be a new, very comfortable king bed! only so much gold a girl can wear ;)

exchanged. no conditions, no cooling off, no turning back now! 9 week settlement so we can get the tenants out of our ocean views home.

Back