Hervey bay suburbs?

Hi all

Considering moving from Gold Coast to Hervey Bay - so for PPOR, which suburbs would people recommend please? :confused:

Probably rent first (try before we buy) - considering acreage, beachfront or preferably both. :rolleyes:

I haven't lived in Hervey Bay, but have been there numerous times.

All of Hervey Bay's beaches are north facing due to the eastern coast falling in the shadow of Fraser Island. I think the best you'll find is acreage that is near the beach rather than beachfront in the areas to the west of Hervey Bay out towards Burrum Heads.

I have been living in HB for the last year and I would say Eli waters is the best suburb close to the beaches and shops and most of the people in the area have to be employed to be able to afford to live in this suburb. HB has a lot of lower class suburbs such as Urangan and Torquay there are good streets in there to but I wouldn't venture off the esplanade in those suburbs alone at night. HB has a 10% unemployment rate. Have a look at river heads for acreage just buy up the hill a bit you get beautiful views of the bay and Fraser Island and gets you out of the range of the midges my cousin lives out there it's beautiful and only 10 minute drive into town Burrum heads is 30 - 40 minutes away from town.

Maybe Dundowran Beach if you're after an acre near the beach. Booral for more than a few acres. Remember that the beaches are not as usable as the Gold Coast. As always, to determine a suburb you'll need to narrow down on what you're willing to compromise.

Hervey bay has a lot of crime...as brocky mentioned high unemployment.. so the kiddies get bored. depending on where u go... . if you want quieter then look at places like poona, maarom, boonooroo, tin can bay... They are all next to the water and all very small towns, but between maryborough and gympie... but wont have the crime like u do in hervey bay. It all depends on what type of lifestyle you want.

I live in maryborough which is 20-25 mins to hervey bay and a heap cheaper too.

Had a night out at 7 nightclub in HB about 8 years ago

I saw many things that I can't write on here and to be honest we w?re lucky to get out of there alive
A bunch of locals decided to jump on the taxi we got into trying to smash the windows

A really great and a really terrible place all in one !

Not sure about investment, I think you need better economics

Toogoom is a beautiful place if you want cheap beach front

not to far from hervey bay and does have bus service to schools and shops

Dundowran is a higher priced bracket but most blocks are 2000+sqm

also look at places like craignish, river heads looks nice and is good fishing but its not a beach you can walk on. Booral has some nice hidden beaches with acreage properties

as for high crime have been here for 14 years and have fished on the esplanade many times on a friday nights and never had a problem.

However the place does have a lot more people now and you will get bad apples in any town where there is night clubs and a decent population.

Back