He's gone too Ruddy far this time

She seems great (I agree) but go easy on the spanking and cattle prod stuff. Im not kidding. If that was sent around in emails at most businesses around the world you guys would be in serious trouble! And so would the business!

Too far!

OK AR, I've wasted enough time responding to your provocations and insults....You are officially on my ignore list. I shall go about posting Rudd's ongoing training wheel government screw ups and waste free of your comments.

'Tis curious that it is AR calling for the mods. A deliberately disruptive poster who tried his damnest to be called a commo. When it didn't happen he labeled himself as one and called me a fascist at the same time. When there was a response he took the predictable "victim" pose.

There's a simple rule: If you enjoy dishing it out, accept what comes back to you.

'Tis curious that it is AR calling for the mods. A deliberately disruptive poster who tried his damnest to be called a commo. When it didn't happen he labeled himself as one and called me a fascist at the same time. When there was a response he took the predictable "victim" pose.

There's a simple rule: If you enjoy dishing it out, accept what comes back to you.

Sunfish you are so predictable. I never called you a fascist. I said that calling someone who is left of centre a communist is like calling someone from the right a fascist.

Theres a difference.

Again you play the man. You always do!

Kevin Rudd's Department of Hot Air costing taxpayers $90m

• No climate staff to be axed despite U-turn
  • $12m a year salary bill for 408 public servants
  • Rent for department's plush new offices $8m

TAXPAYERS will fork out $90 million a year to keep more than 400 public servants employed within the Federal Climate Change Department - despite most of them now having nothing to do until 2013.

More than 60 of them are classified as senior executive staff on salaries between $168,000 and $298,000 a year. Their salary bill alone will cost an estimated $12 million every year.
A further $8 million will also be paid in rent for plush offices at Canberra's Constitution Place until 2012, where it is believed 500 new computers will be delivered this week.
It can be revealed that despite Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's decision on
Tuesday to suspend the failed Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme until at least 2013, the department has ruled out plans to cut back staff.
read on

695862-climate-change.jpg

The plush new headquarters of the Department of Climate Change Building in Canberra / The Daily Telegraph Source: The Daily Telegraph

Now that's a serious rent me ol' digger...

I wonder who the Owner is....some Landlord no doubt who could by the entire Somersoft community a few times over. I reckon that one place must be worth up to 75m. That building alone massively swamps what Steve McKnight and his mate Dave Bradley did over 7 years accumulating their 260 properties.

Now why aren't they on the forum....and why aren't they giving seminars ??

Sorry - thought I would bring the topic back to a property discussion rather than tear each other to shreds.

Interesting point you make there Daz.

I'll have to think about it when I'm more clear headed (some wowsers here would not approve if I said "sober") but I think I know where you are coming from.

I wonder who the Owner is....some Landlord no doubt who could by the entire Somersoft community a few times over. I reckon that one place must be worth up to 75m. That building alone massively swamps what Steve McKnight and his mate Dave Bradley did over 7 years accumulating their 260 properties.

Anyone got RPData or Residex for Canberra?

If I was a super profit miner, I'd think it wise to diversify into CIP, with the Climate Change Dept as a tenant......Makes me wonder if a Chinese miner owns it.... :eek:

I was trying to estimate how many m2 that rental is.
Must be more space per head than normal, with all those senior public servants wanting a big window office. How about a fat 20m2 pp * 400 * an extra 20% for oversized foyers, board rooms, catering...... ~10,000m2....

At 8m pa, that's $800/m2.....sounds steep....but suppose it is all nouveau eco I bet......all those $45 govt stores low energy light bulbs and triple filtered negative ion injected air con, whale songs over the wireless quadraphonic mms.

Back