He's gone too Ruddy far this time

Kevin Rudd's Department of Hot Air costing taxpayers $90m

• No climate staff to be axed despite U-turn
  • $12m a year salary bill for 408 public servants
  • Rent for department's plush new offices $8m

TAXPAYERS will fork out $90 million a year to keep more than 400 public servants employed within the Federal Climate Change Department - despite most of them now having nothing to do until 2013.

More than 60 of them are classified as senior executive staff on salaries between $168,000 and $298,000 a year. Their salary bill alone will cost an estimated $12 million every year.
A further $8 million will also be paid in rent for plush offices at Canberra's Constitution Place until 2012, where it is believed 500 new computers will be delivered this week.
It can be revealed that despite Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's decision on
Tuesday to suspend the failed Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme until at least 2013, the department has ruled out plans to cut back staff.
read on

695862-climate-change.jpg

The plush new headquarters of the Department of Climate Change Building in Canberra / The Daily Telegraph Source: The Daily Telegraph

Thanks for that Winston. Must spread the kudos around.

Wow, the mind boggles thinking about the crap that must go on inside that building in an average day?

See ya's.

Thanks for that Winston. Must spread the kudos around.

Wow, the mind boggles thinking about the crap that must go on inside that building in an average day?

Let's see, is that the best you can do Winnie?

Hope u didn't sit up until early hours on any lefty account, TC, it's ok mate, I will gladly pass on green dots to "the WW" for you, think of it as sharing the love.:)

Hope u didn't sit up until early hours on any lefty account,

Perish the thought OO. It's what I do when trading rare metals of industrial value, and their producer stocks.

TC, when you think about the risks you take to get a profitable crop out of the ground, you must just love to see your tax dollars working hard in Canberra, supporting all these smarties on 150k+ pa.

It's amazing to think how much better Australia's weather forecasting would be if the Climate Change Dept's money went to the BOM, to fund more data collection points.

But I suppose the greatest moral challenge in mankind's existence, justifies the CCD expense :rolleyes:

Hope u didn't sit up until early hours on any lefty account, TC, it's ok mate, I will gladly pass on green dots to "the WW" for you, think of it as sharing the love.:)

Winston mate, let me know tonight if OO really did sent you those kudos. I'm thinking she might be telling porky pies, in which case she probably needs a good spanking. :D

See ya's.

Winston mate, let me know tonight if OO really did sent you those kudos. I'm thinking she might be telling porky pies, in which case she probably needs a good spanking. :D

Just checked, and blow me down, she did.
Talk about passive aggressive OO. :p

Permission to spank TC, on my behalf.....though electroconvulsive therapy is more effective in weakening neural synapses from erroneous habituated behavior, like being a leftie.

A hotshot cattle prod applied to the left temple, right over the executive function of the left prefrontal cortex might be just the thing. :D

3590.jpg

Just checked, and blow me down, she did.
Talk about passive aggressive OO. :p

Permission to spank TC, on my behalf.....though electroconvulsive therapy is more effective in weakening neural synapses from erroneous habituated behavior, like being a leftie.

A hotshot cattle prod applied to the left temple, right over the executive function of the left prefrontal cortex might be just the thing. :D

3590.jpg

You guys are way out of bounds! That crap aint funny. Moderators....

Kevin Rudd's Department of Hot Air costing taxpayers $90m

• No climate staff to be axed despite U-turn
  • $12m a year salary bill for 408 public servants
  • Rent for department's plush new offices $8m

TAXPAYERS will fork out $90 million a year to keep more than 400 public servants employed within the Federal Climate Change Department - despite most of them now having nothing to do until 2013.

More than 60 of them are classified as senior executive staff on salaries between $168,000 and $298,000 a year. Their salary bill alone will cost an estimated $12 million every year.
A further $8 million will also be paid in rent for plush offices at Canberra's Constitution Place until 2012, where it is believed 500 new computers will be delivered this week.
It can be revealed that despite Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's decision on
Tuesday to suspend the failed Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme until at least 2013, the department has ruled out plans to cut back staff.
read on

695862-climate-change.jpg

The plush new headquarters of the Department of Climate Change Building in Canberra / The Daily Telegraph Source: The Daily Telegraph

Jumped on the bat phone to krudd and we found a solution. He will raise the resource tax to 41 percent just to cover this slight oversight.

Money well spent..

Aaaargh, no offence taken, s'okay...job's right AR, WW and I have, umm, had discussions before...how a person conducts themself/speaks/ posts/ reveals far more about them..their beliefs, their attitude, their mindset, the human condition, behaviour, perceptions, is all interestingly different.

Please don't moderate on my account or any of his posts, or others...for that matter.

I don't lose any sleep over WW...or what comes forth from his mind.

We have a saying, she's apples mate:).

Jumped on the bat phone to krudd and we found a solution. He will raise the resource tax to 41 percent just to cover this slight oversight.

Money well spent..

See my car out the front of the building.:):D:p

Just unloading new copies of Obsession Little Red Handbook.

Sorry guys and gals......how remiss of me to forget political correctness is a bully strategy invented by the left to silence the right......steeped in the self righteous moral indignation the Left feel they and they alone have a claim on.

I'll use twice as many smilies next time I reciprocate what is thrown my way.

Sorry guys and gals......how remiss of me to forget political correctness is a bully strategy invented by the left to silence the right......steeped in the self righteous moral indignation the Left feel they and they alone have a claim on.

I'll use twice as many smilies next time I reciprocate what is thrown my way.

ignoramus! You guys talked about spanking which imo although may be a joke is a physical threat. Its bullying once again and on most forums would be moderated and the perpetrators banned!

Its called vilification. Try calling someone a racial name and say it political correctness gone mad!

Calm down aussie. it was a joke. No one has ever said anything nasty to OO as she is such a sweetie.

I'll bet your the only one who didn't see it.

See ya's.

She seems great (I agree) but go easy on the spanking and cattle prod stuff. Im not kidding. If that was sent around in emails at most businesses around the world you guys would be in serious trouble! And so would the business!

Too far!

Back