Hi all "I'm back........."

Hi all

How is everyone? Good I hope.:D
I've been hmmmmmmmmmm????????? :confused: around doing stuff...

It's amazing how fast time goes. I cannot believe he last ime I sprouted my 2c worth was 3rd of july....!:eek:

Have I missed any good gossip??:rolleyes:

Celeste

welcome back! same ol same ol around here... some say the end is nigh, some are pinning their ears back and going in. If we were all buyers or all sellers it wouldn't be much fun i suppose!

Hi Ausprop

I'm sniffing too...hehehe.

I never did believe in the economic down turn. refused to participate..hehe

I have been inflation proofing tho. by spending the gov't money..hehe

We have had solar electricity added to our PPOR $8k govt monies..:D
New laptop and car, organising to refresh insulation on the IP'S, pretty much all paid by the gov't etc etc.
checked out the rebates for solar hotwater in the IP's dam hey only kick in when you replace storage hotwater systems not instant.. all my IP's have instant...still looking for more ways to spend the gov't money.. grey water etc. hehe.

searching for new ways to lower the tax bill now the gov't has reduced the amounts you can salary sacrifice into super.:(

Celeste

Celeste

Welcome back, Celeste !

Seems like your time away was spent gainfully ...travelling and upgrading PPOR and IPs. Given that you spent Govt money, made it even better.

With solar water to PPOR ..do you mind sharing how much did you have to chip in yourself ? $8k from the government seems fantastic.

Cheers

Question

I had a new hot water service put in one of my IP's (paid for by govt rebate) and the rebate form stated that one person can only claim either the hot water rebate OR the insulation rebate.

I was going to get the other IP's insulated but this stoped me.

Unless you get the tenants to sign the rebate form?

I had a new hot water service put in one of my IP's (paid for by govt rebate) and the rebate form stated that one person can only claim either the hot water rebate OR the insulation rebate.

I was going to get the other IP's insulated but this stoped me.

Unless you get the tenants to sign the rebate form?

I thought you could chose either solar or insulation for each house (which might be what you mean anyway).

Surely they would do some type of check and not just look at the name of the person who signs the form.

The form hubby signed actually allows the tenant to sign the work order (with our permission) but his authorisation for the work to be done clearly states that it must be the name on the rates notice.

I could have the bull by the tail but.... when I filled out the rebate form one question was "have you previously applied for the home insulation rebate (or whatever its called. If Yes, you are NOT entitled to the Hot Water Service rebate"
The form asked if you were the owner or tenant of the property. My understanding of it was that you could only claim 1 of these per family, weather a tenant or owner.

I'd love someone to prove me wrong as I'll be getting insulation next week if thats the case.

Form I have here states "I accept the above quote from XXXXX as my preferred installer, and declare that I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and have not accessed the solar hot water rebate since it was increased on February 3, 2009."

Hi all

I had the electricity solar setup installed (we went solar for the water when we built) Our out of pocket for the solar electricity was $3k for the system and $655 for the new meter. It would cost another 2-3k for the system now the rebate has changed. It is now a buy back on the rcd's at 5x the going rate which = approx. 6k Tho I have seen some deals going that will make it cheaper. I think a very good investment on the PPOR if yu lan on staying put for a long time. We do not plan to move. Oh we installed a 2.2kw system with 6 panels and it has the ability to have more panels added in the future. Which we will look at when the cost of them goes down at the mo they are around $2k each.

I am planning for my retirement with this system our bills should be lower from now on and hopefully when the kids leave home and there is only the 2 of us no bill at all...and if we do decide to sell and move it should be a good selling point.

What's everyone else been up to?

Celeste

Thanks for that update Celeste.

The fact that you provided for solar when you built would have made the cost lighter.

No the solar hotwater is a totally seperate item. The price would have been the same for any one with a enough roof space facing the same direction and with the same slope.

Celeste

Hi Celeste,

Are you still renovating? Did you continue on with your reno business plan, if so how is it going? Loved your reno posts!

Hope all is going well for you regardless!

Nadia

Back