Hidden camera reveals what it's like to walk through NYC as a man.

Yes, I wholeheartedly admit that I stalked a beautiful man for three aisles at a supermarket. As the gorgeous black man said (I can't remember his name), it's about how it's done. Now had I walked beside him for four minutes, invaded his personal space and badgered him for his attention it would have been a different matter, and had I been stronger than he was and intimidating in my actions, you would have a point. Therein lies the difference.

And, sorry, but that continuous droning reply to Emma Watson's speech was boring, boring, boring.

Yet being apparently pseudo stalked on the internet warrants reporting.

Double standards PG.

pinkboy

There's a team in Australia that's been advocating (for at least 2 years that I'm aware of) for men to have the same family rights as women, and to be encouraged to use them. They did a study and found most men want to be better family men, but are scared of stigma or of career impacts, and they are the major income-earner. This group figured the easiest way to remove the divide in the way women's careers are impacted is to remove any differences between theirs and the males.

I absolutely agree that men should have the same family rights as women. I think in time it will happen, as men are now more involved in the raising of their children.

One of the ways to test whether something is <demographic> imbalanced is to reverse that demographic.
Not necessarily

The reality is that people are people, and everyone is different. In reality, I don't think it's that creepy.:)
That's right, let's keep it in perspective.

Twice this year I've been out at a pub for a function and had some random female grope my butt (I'm 39 FFS!). I suspect a female wouldn't like that so much but as a male it's supposed to be high fives and giggles all round.

I doubt you'd like it if this happened to your mother, sister, daughter, wife or g/f. As a matter of interest, did you like it when it happened to you? This was considered overly brazen behaviour in my day.

But if 3 men spent a lot of time staring and talking about a beautiful girl they'd be labeled 'creepy'.

I am sure I am no different to many other women out there. It happened to me more times than I can count when I was in my prime. I would have strange men handing me phone numbers, groups of men following me in public. I can tell you hundreds of stories of men approaching me in one way or another and offering me things. And I'm sure it's happens to a lot of women.

And now it's happening to my daughter. In Paris she had strange men giving her their phone numbers. In Milan the traffic actually stopped. On a flight a boy fell asleep staring at her. Waiters would fall all over themselves to serve her. None of this bothered her. The difference is HOW it's done.

it's about how it's done.
True, but the difficulty being what someone is comfortable with can be subjective.

I do agree that following someone for minutes and getting in their personal space is not on. The woman in the NYC clip did put up with behaviour that no woman or man should have to put up with when going about their day.
And now it's happening to my daughter. In Paris she had strange men giving her their phone numbers. In Milan the traffic actually stopped. On a flight a boy fell asleep staring at her. Waiters would fall all over themselves to serve her.
Photo? :p

True, but the difficulty being what someone is comfortable with can be subjective.

I agree that it can be subjective. As Berlina said, he didn't mind having his behind touched. It happened to me in Rome and I really hated it and found it offensive.

I think the bottom line is about who has the most power in the situation. For the most part, men have more power.

And now it's happening to my daughter. In Paris she had strange men giving her their phone numbers. In Milan the traffic actually stopped. On a flight a boy fell asleep staring at her. Waiters would fall all over themselves to serve her. None of this bothered her. The difference is HOW it's done.

Same thing was happening to one of our daughters who went on a con-tiki-Europe tour a short time back,she would send me all the pictures of her standing in various places but the people standing behind her and the way one reads faces became a bit of a worry,the only country that Men treated her well was Germany and England..

Same thing was happening to one of our daughters who went on a con-tiki-Europe tour a short time back,she would send me all the pictures of her standing in various places but the people standing behind her and the way one reads faces became a bit of a worry,the only country that Men treated her well was Germany and England..

The northern European countries are much more reserved. Spain, Italy and France the men are different--not worse, not better, just different.

I always laugh ....

I always laugh when someone tries to rationalise and justify his hatred for women.

In life we all have a cross to bear; no one comes through life unscathed.

However, the majority of us do not feel a compunction, and are not compelled, to share that dysfunction with the world and attempt to work through our 'mommie dearest' issues in full public view. Neither do we proselytise with that damaged view and parade it as fact.

For those with a damaged psyche: get some professional and private help, but please do not foist your bitterness and hatred on the rest of us.

I doubt you'd like it if this happened to your mother, sister, daughter, wife or g/f. As a matter of interest, did you like it when it happened to you? This was considered overly brazen behaviour in my day.

Did I like it? Not especially, no. But then I wouldn't do it to someone else either.

Did I like it? Not especially, no. But then I wouldn't do it to someone else either.

I would say it's really inappropriate behaviour. I don't think it's fair that some women think it's ok to do it anymore than it's ok for any men to do it.
I also don't think stalking someone on the internet is ok and I find it creepy.

Back