Hidden cost of negative gearing

I did a tax course with QTax years ago and the woman taking the course was telling us that if a client has an investment property that is now no longer negatively geared we were to tell them to sell it because it was no longer a good investment! I argued with her and ended up not working for them because I refused to tell people to do that.
These are the guys that do cheap returns in the middle of shopping centres and all I could think of was all the people getting this cr@p advice.

I did a tax course with QTax years ago and the woman taking the course was telling us that if a client has an investment property that is now no longer negatively geared we were to tell them to sell it because it was no longer a good investment! I argued with her and ended up not working for them because I refused to tell people to do that.
These are the guys that do cheap returns in the middle of shopping centres and all I could think of was all the people getting this cr@p advice.

Yep, why would someone want to make money when they could lose money and get 38% back!

It's a relatively common held belief. Just look at the number of posters here who's first post is along the lines of "I want to save tax so I need to buy a negatively geared property"

Back