High-density planning overhaul for Adelaide's blue-chip inner suburbs

This Youtube Video put out by the DTEI South Australia (SA Planning, transport and infrastructure) may be of some assistance to those investors trying to locate the best growth areas in Adelaide and the surrounding suburbs.

Looks good and makes sense focusing on making planning changes to accommodate High density living on the main corridors and public transport points leading into the CBD. I know it seems obvious but I think finally the Councils and the State Government are actually making the changes to their development plans....Good news.

Adelaide Now Article HERE

Youtube Video HERE

That plan was made for Port Rd.

Overall a good idea and inevitable, but make other places on these corridors that are further out attractive, and people will go there too (ie. living/retail hubs along train lines).

Back to city high density my biggest concerns would be roads and transport.

Take Prospect Rd. which recently got narrowed and has become a 40/50kph road that now experiences traffic jams it didn't once have; these would just get worse.

Add the Churchill Rd. narrowing and Main North Rd. has becomes busier - that'll get worse.

The southern arterial roads struggle now with the flow of traffic coming in and out of the city.

I think it's easy to asssume you can build high density on corridors to make use of existing transport, but the reality is with extra people in a place on poor roads that are used by suburban drivers, the roads command extra attention too.

No point in cramming everyone in together if they can't move around freely.

Back