High rise construction

Starting to take shape. Plumbers and electricians on site this week as well as core fill of the blocks. Then the form workers return to get the next floor ready.

Work is moving along smoothly and getting easier as we go. The location and the constraint on space is an issue however, with good planning we can minimise the impact.

Attachments

• 009s.jpg
    009s.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 128
It was a busy week last week as we handed over a two story duplex and a low set house.

Attachments

• 002s.jpg
    002s.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 109
  • 65HainesSt_w-1.jpg
    65HainesSt_w-1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 121
Hi Sailesh,

Just wanting to get an update on how things were going with your apartments?

I'm still working on the plans & feasability for my job in Melbourne and was wondering if you ended up with a final price per m2 for your job? Also too how much did your basement carpark come in at on a m2 rate?

Thanks very much for your post, it's been great watching your progress, hopefully i can do the same when i start my job!!

Morty

Roof slab got poured yesterday. Trusses for remainder arrives later this week.

We have tendered for a number of similar properties lately and the average cost appears to be around $1180/sqm for a unit with basement car park and two levels of living.

Underground car parks with no or partial natural ventilation will cost more under new codes as it now requires carbon monoxide sensors and ventilation systems that operate via these sensors to save on power.

The system we used here cost around $15k however, the new systems can cost around $40k

Been busy lately so I have not updated this thread for a while.

As you will see from the photos we are nearing completion. Fixout will be completed within 2 weeks. Followed by painters and tilers and then the fit off stage.

We have had our challenges due to the difficult site and lousy plan details however, we are now nearing completion.

For me building was a thing to do to gain experience and buy time until development sites become viable again. That time has arrived and my focus is now to develop and project manage developments. My five years as a builder will not go to waste as I have learnt a lot from this experience.

The way bank funding on developments work it is easier to appoint other builders to work on my future development projects.

Attachments

• small annerley external.jpg
    small annerley external.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 92
  • small annerley kitchen.jpg
    small annerley kitchen.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 82
Back