High Yielding Shares Again

Ok the original thread..back to high yields, perhaps I was a tad ambitious at 8 percent, realistically 6 percent fully franked?

If you have USD then buy SNH which is a REIT yielding over 7%. I've got a bit in this stock after Keith put me into them.

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=663761

Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) is a real estate investment trust (REIT), which owns independent living and assisted living communities, continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes, wellness centers and medical office, clinic and biotech laboratory buildings located throughout the United States. As of December 31, 2013, SNH owned 375 properties (401 buildings) located in 40 states and Washington, D.C (including 14 properties). The Company’s portfolio includes 265 senior living communities with 31,627 living units; 100 properties (126 buildings) leased to medical providers, medical related businesses, clinics and biotech laboratory tenants (MOB), with 8.7 million square feet of space; and 10 wellness centers with approximately 812,000 square feet of interior space plus outdoor developed facilities.

If you have USD then buy SNH which is a REIT yielding over 7%. I've got a bit in this stock after Keith put me into them.

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=663761

Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) is a real estate investment trust (REIT), which owns independent living and assisted living communities, continuing care retirement communities, nursing homes, wellness centers and medical office, clinic and biotech laboratory buildings located throughout the United States. As of December 31, 2013, SNH owned 375 properties (401 buildings) located in 40 states and Washington, D.C (including 14 properties). The Company?s portfolio includes 265 senior living communities with 31,627 living units; 100 properties (126 buildings) leased to medical providers, medical related businesses, clinics and biotech laboratory tenants (MOB), with 8.7 million square feet of space; and 10 wellness centers with approximately 812,000 square feet of interior space plus outdoor developed facilities.

Are you listening to yourself? "Because Keith said....."

If Keith said 'Nomadic, go flush $10,000 down the toilet' - would you? Keith said so, right?

If you were really chasing yield you would go for:

BCI (79% yield)
NWH (23.2% yield)
VET (41% yield)

Wouldnt you? :rolleyes:

pinkboy

wall_street_roller_coaster.gif

Bulls & Bears on the same ride :D

Just read this whole thread with interest - I recently inherited a positively geared investment property in the UK and a UK share portfolio - so I am continuing to use the income from the property to buy more stock.

Among my inheritance was an Australian share that I think is worthless - 1560 shares in Australis Mining. I can't find any information about this company and I think it must no longer exist. Does anyone have any information on it?

Cheers

JB

Just read this whole thread with interest - I recently inherited a positively geared investment property in the UK and a UK share portfolio - so I am continuing to use the income from the property to buy more stock.

Among my inheritance was an Australian share that I think is worthless - 1560 shares in Australis Mining. I can't find any information about this company and I think it must no longer exist. Does anyone have any information on it?

Cheers

JB

Frame the certificate for posterity

There is going to be some pain in the china camp tomorrow with WOW going ex-div at almost 52 week low.

Hang in there.

pinkboy

The pain has already been pretty intense. The two stock portfolio (BHP, WOW) is currently down 17% when a few weeks ago, it reached an all time high since portfolio inception of 4% down. But thanks for concern.

The pain has already been pretty intense. The two stock portfolio (BHP, WOW) is currently down 17% when a few weeks ago, it reached an all time high since portfolio inception of 4% down. But thanks for concern.

so now WOW is ex div, divi 0.67 FF, grossed up 0.96. Yesterdays close, 29.34Currently trading 28.75. Stock has basically risen today considering cash value of the divi. Floor is under the SP. $40 within 18 months ;):D

PS. No warranty :p

I hope noone here speculated on Sirtex.

I certainly was, and it was a calculated gamble. My average buy in price is about $6. Anyone holding should have known about the SIRFLOX trial info that was about to be released. And it seems the share price took off in the weeks before, as people speculated the results were going to be good. Last Friday, at a price of $39, sirtex had an absolutely ridiculous PE ratio of about 60 or so. However if the results of the trial were good, sirtex's potential profit could have risen by multiples . Today the share price would have been $60 and I'd believe heading to $100.

But the results were not the good outcome that most hoped. So the company no longer had the blue sky profit potential, so the share price crashed back to reality. Right now at about $20, up from the $15 low of yesterday, it's only back to where it was in August before the share price went silly.

It was also not a good result for the cancer sufferers who may have had new hope from an innovative Australian company.

I suffered a massive loss in paper profits. But it was only ever on paper, or on my computer screen in my trading account. But I did have it half spent in my head. :p

See ya's.

Back