Highest Sustainable Major City/Town Rental Yields You Have Obtained?

I am searching for high yielding suburbs in major cities/towns. Ideally I prefer places that are not one-horse towns, given the cyclical nature of the mining and agricultural industries.

Has anyone obtained regular, sustainable yields exceeding 8%?

If so, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Orange,Tamworth,Elizabeth(7.7%), You could also try Rockhampton for Duplexes occasionally, Albury and Cairns but be careful of BC fees there as they can chew up any benefit from a high yield
None are one industry/ mining only locations and all are not saturated by investors presently

I am searching for high yielding suburbs in major cities/towns. Ideally I prefer places that are not one-horse towns, given the cyclical nature of the mining and agricultural industries.

Has anyone obtained regular, sustainable yields exceeding 8%?

If so, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Yes but I don't think searching by the suburb or town is the answer.

These sort of deals are the ones that aren't so immediately obvious - gotta do a bit of sifting through or something else creative.

For example, I renovated a pair of ex-housing commission duplexes on one title, that was being sold for land value for some reason.

Without any D/D you could add Mildura to the list

Thanks for the replies so far.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-merbein-118943315

This one in Mildura looks like a cutie. New house. Less than $300,000. Plenty of other houses in Mildura on smaller blocks selling for around $200,000. Horsham also looks pretty, with houses selling for the mid $200s.

Does anyone have any idea about yields in these two towns? I was hoping for something sustainable and close to 8%. This equates to around $380 a week for a $250,000 house. Is this realistic for a rural town?

Looks like there are lots of properties at the low end yielding 8%+, I don't think a house on 4000m2 would go anywhere near that, it looks more like a ppor IMO

2009 Nowra purchase yielded about 7.5% straight up from memory. CBD house on big corner block. Built on the back and sold it off recently with about $100,000 profit. Existing property now yields closer to 10% even with smaller back yard. Could squeeze another $20-30 per week rent but I'm happy with the tennants at the moment.

Cheers

Without any D/D you could add Mildura to the list

Spoke with a long time friend who moved to Mildura 3 years ago last night, they have just picked up an IP in the area- said rental market was out of control. Anything decent gets snapped up quickly and PM have a list of people waiting to get into housing she said.

Spoke with a long time friend who moved to Mildura 3 years ago last night, they have just picked up an IP in the area- said rental market was out of control. Anything decent gets snapped up quickly and PM have a list of people waiting to get into housing she said.

Rentals are in extremely short supply here in Mildura. I had 16 parties interested in my rental here and all 16 put in an application for it. I end up renting it to a removalist company who will only camp there 2 nights a week. Less wear & tear. This was only one month ago.

Back