Highgate WA: let's build a baby apartment block thread

Tiny update: the first meeting of the year for CofV Design Advisory Committee is 6th March (!!!!)

Weeeeeeell that is disappointing it's not sooner. I've put the project on the Agenda and will now try and progress with DA in the meantime if I can get the Vendor to sign the application.

Note to self: *everything* is slower over summer.

What a joke! They can't stop you lodging the DA now though and at least give the planners a chance to do their assessment early and then they can refer it to the DAC internally. This is what we've done with a couple of DAs toward the end of last year.

progress with DA in the meantime if I can get the Vendor to sign the application.

QUOTE]

Didn't you have that as a condition of sale, that the vendor must sign anything required for the DA application?

Hmmm no. That would have been a good idea because I now know this Council doesn't allowed the new Buyer to apply in their own name prior to Settlement.
The Council is usually deal with does.
Thanks - Matt - I'll add that to my list of 'must have clauses

Good news - the Vendor has signed the blank DA application form.

That is one less thing to worry about.

We aren't ready to apply for DA yet at least we don't have to worry about this stopping us.

Vendor says titles will be issued soon as they are just waiting on the Water Authority. I think 'soon' is as long as a piece of string :)

Good news - the Vendor has signed the blank DA application form.

That is one less thing to worry about.

We aren't ready to apply for DA yet at least we don't have to worry about this stopping us.

Vendor says titles will be issued soon as they are just waiting on the Water Authority. I think 'soon' is as long as a piece of string :)

Great news!

One question, how long is your finance application valid for? 3 months? I reckon you could be pushing it for settlement within that period if they don't even have clearances yet

Great news!

One question, how long is your finance application valid for? 3 months? I reckon you could be pushing it for settlement within that period if they don't even have clearances yet

Another darn good question.
I'll ask my broker tomorrow.
I only have half the finance arranged and approved which is for the block. I can't arrange finance for the construction until pricing is done which will be ready in about 3 weeks.

Great news!

Answer is in. You are correct.

Finance application runs out 17th March - new credit and valuation will need to be done if we don't Settle by then which is just under 2mths away.

New valuations and credit checks will be done as part of Construction loan.

Answer is in. You are correct.

Finance application runs out 17th March - new credit and valuation will need to be done if we don't Settle by then which is just under 2mths away.

New valuations and credit checks will be done as part of Construction loan.

yay! what do i win??

I tried to submit to council today for DA

tumblr_llaa8gKLgG1qibep1o1_400.jpg

Even though I had spoken with a Planning person about submitting prior to Settlement the overly officious customer service person wouldn't have a bar of it and no one in Planning was around to override her.

Not to worry Monday is another day and I'll submit again.

Avoid Nikki (short Italian lady) in customer service like the plague. She won't accept anything unless it is all 120% by the book. on a good day

Avoid Nikki (short Italian lady) in customer service like the plague. She won't accept anything unless it is all 120% by the book. on a good day

Yup that's who I got. It was my RDO so I wanted to get it sorted but it didn't work out. I shall go again Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday until its lodged.

Back