HK

A

Anonymous

I was thinking about doing the HK seminar until I read this forum and found more negative than positive feedback. I'm surprised, after all the man has succeeded spectacularly. Who better to be one's teacher, or are there some pitfalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Umm, excuse me.

I just want to jump in here. Yes HK is successful but why? Is it because he can now charge $18k for his 5 day seminar??? Or is it because of his investing? Does he still invest???

What people on the forum are somewhat against is the fact of the monetary outlay for info that you can receive in other forms that are far more cheaper. For example, you can gain 500% more knowledge from reading this forum then attending one of his seminars. But that is because there is so much variety in here. You can join Freestylers and learn via networking with others that are of similar mind etc....

Please tell me are you willing to pay $18k and take a loan out for knowledge? Cause though there are people out there that will/do (and I do hope they get there monies worth out of it) not everyone will.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

HK - long ranting response!

Reply: 2

Anon,

I'm not saying there's not something to learn from HK etc, but you've gotta do a cost benefit analysis. Particularly if you're a beginner it would be, IMHO downright foolish to spend your first deposit on a seminar. Now on the other hand if you're already worth a few million with a large passive income - go your hardest.

The allure of these seminars, is that they promise wealth to you FAST/ER and EASIER. Instead of figuring things out, learning from your mistakes and doing the hard yards, these seminars offer you a "wealth strategy in a box"...in just X years you can have this ridiculuous net worth, huge income, sportscar, yacht, model girl/boyfriend etc etc.

Now no-one's more impatient than me for "success" (whatever that means to ya) but don't get caught up in the hype - look at the numbers, they tell the story. If i tried to sell you wealth in a spray can, just squirt a bit under your arms each day and you'll get wealthy you'd send me packing.

HK and his ilk have been in the IP game for a few years.
By way of contrast I understand that Jan and Ian Somers bought their first property in the 60s.

The Wife has, according to API Magazine, been in the IP game for 15 years altho I understand she got an early start and is a long way from her dotage. ;^)

Doidge is a rare visitor these days but he's spent about 30 years in property investing (altho he freely admits he's only in the last 5-10 years really got his act together)

Gee Cee and See Change between them have about a 1000 years worth of experience (just kidding). Not to mention Yardney's development know how.

This F R E E forum gives you the opportunity to tap into hundreds of years of collective property wisdom. Sounds like an infinite ROI to me!

Now here's an offer worth of a full sized ad with me standing beside a (borrowed) ferrari:

If you give me just $3600 I'll give you the 10 property investment books that you need to study to become a property millionare.

"Hang on!" you say, "aren't you just going to the bookstore to buy them for $20-$30 each or maybe less at a second hand bookstore? That means you'll be buying the books low and selling them to me at a huge markup!"

"Exactly" I say. "Lesson one: Buy low, sell (revalue) high".

"But wait" I say, "there's more. Not only will I throw in a free set of steak knives, I'll underline all the important bits in those books for you"

"This is getting ridiculuous" Anon fumes "not only are you charging me more than 10 times what the books are worth, you're doing something really cheap and quick to add value and then I'm paying for the privilege!"

"And to add insult to injury" says Anon, "you're doing something for me that I could just as easily do myself!"

"Hmmm" I say, "you're catching on "Lesson 2 - add value cheaply to fast track your wealth creation".

Anon storms off in disgust, turns and shouts: "You are a big scam artist! You want to charge me a fortune for something I can pick up much more easily elsewhere and I'd be better off doing myself anyway!"

ahhhhh the penny drops.

I think i need to go into the seminar game...

Reply: 2.1

ummm...Nigel, I need a ghost writer, what are you doing for the next few months?:eek:)

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 2.2

Well spoken, Nigel!!!!

I agree with you 100000%!

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Reply: 2.2.1

Bloody hell!!!

Exceptionally well said, Nigel!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I would like to add, though, in addition to the forum archives, and the magnificent Freestylers group, don't forget us plebes in the chat room!!! hehe

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 2.2.2

Nigel, thanks.
I see what you mean.
Any idea how HK has managed to buy not a few but hundreds of IPs. Or is this just part of the marketing plan.
Even Steven

Reply: 2.1.1

i'd be happy to Co-write something for a suitable split of the take ;-)
(altho I must admit I haven't read your budget book!)

"the wife's financial wisdom" how's that for a working title...move over richdad!

Reply: 2.2.2.1

Just a short note. regarding the cost thing its now 13k still fairly expensive and he HK has got RTO accreditation meaning its now run as a course not a 4 day seminar from the info I read and a phone call i made to get more info its a 10 module course a module a month. Interestingly though what i have found is this you pay 990 and the consultant group pay for the first 5 modules (never heard of anything for free) and if you dont get to the level of competency (I.E gain i think it 65 k profit i assume they mean equity) then you pull out money back??? I would like to say though that i have no and never have had any affiliation in the course or the company just thought an update to everyone in whats happening up there....I have had a good look and have started getting books and learning that way even though we would sometimes like a quick fix such as a course but then again 13k can get you in the door to learning by doing it first hand.<

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1

13k?? Is that all? I signed up for the four day mastery in July and it was going to cost me 15k... that's funny - they're going against all of Nigel's rules!! And surely, I thought HK was smarter than that...
:)

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1.1

Though with all of the previous posts I do think there is a need for seminars. Ones like Geoff Doige holds for (off the top of my head) between a couple of hundred dollars to just over $1k I think (please see his website for better details). They are specialized and have a niche. It's really a matter of sorting out the cost factor against the risk factor of the investing style you are looking at.

If you pay $13k are you willing to use HK's tactics to invest. If you pay $1k to do a Doige seminar on renovating are you willing to do the reno to earn the income?

But these are just my thoughts.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1.1.1

What is Sydney Freestylers Group?

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1.1.1.1

Anon,
Freestylers - freestyler.net.au
Now, this is total hearsay, I DO NOT know if this is true, but I have heard it on several occasions from people with no connections to each other, however, the similarities in the stories are a little unsettling. HK owns so much property because he goes to developers, buys properties from them, then on-sells some of them to his students at enormously inflated prices, all the while convincing them that they are getting the bargain of a lifetime. One way to attain property, but as I'm sure you agree the process of getting them is utterly despicable at best. But I would just like to repeat that I DO NOT know, nor claim that these stories are correct, but geez, I've heard it that many times...you just never know.

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

My Business partner and i signed up for the course at a cost of $22k....Boy were they pissed when we decided too exercise the cooling off period after reading this and other forum posts.

Cheers
Watto

Reply: 3.1

HK - Henry Kaye. Giant real estate investor who gives expensive seminars. A big empire that no-one seems to fully understand.

Reply: 3.1.1

Buy from developers and on sell to students - maybe this what they call insider trading?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/0112/08/biztech/biztech2.html

Who knows? Only way to find out is to do full investigation/inquire. So I guess we have to leave that investigation to students/participants them selves and the authority concerned. But we still can talk about it, that’s for sure.

Serge.

Reply: 2.2.2.1.1.1.1.2

Anon, right now freestylers is $169.00 per year, but it isnt a seminar, its a real time version of what goes on here on this forum.
The charge is to cover venue and refreshments.

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 3.1.1.1

HK, HK - he's the man,
Nobody buys property like Henry can.
He's so smart you want him banned.
When's the next seminar held in Scotland?

By the way,
this HK envy's a wee bit unhealthy,
All his students are getting wealthy.
Properties here, and properties there.
They're buying them wholesale from everywhere!

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1

Seriously though, how does he do it and, more inportantly, how did he get so big so quickly.
Steve

Back