Hmmm..R M Williams

I'll have to jog my memory but not long ago they(or rm before he passed??)sold out and are now no longer majority Australian owned. They are attacking the designer market and overseas. They have lost some loyal supporters, stickers getting peeled off Utes in protest

As for sizing it is made for bulky cowboys, well the original stuff anyway. They have slim fit options and now make a massive variety like you said. However it comes at a price. But you need to be in country Towns end of season to grab a bargain!

I wear R.M. Williams boots with a suit for work and love them. So comfortable. Prefer them than any other pair of shoes I own.

Last edited:
I have had my RM boots since 2001 when I first started an office job.

Here they are... Ok they need a polish but a good buff and shine and they look almost new. I get them re-soled and new elastic every few years. They are worn pretty well every day. Both in the office, and with jeans (basically if im wearing pants im wearing these) They are the most comfortable shoes ever. I would have worn out a dozen of pairs of leather shoes in that time.

Not bad for about 12 years usage.

I got an Akbra the same year. But that died last year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 76
Recently I bought a pair of R M Williams trousers from a Salvation Army Store for $30. The pair was showcased at the front of the store and not on the racks where the cheap $8 trousers are located
Anyone out there use R M Williams?

Cheers!

PS I dont work there or have any association with them. I did get a glimps of them on an ABC program a while back. Maybe they sent subliminal messages to buy their products lol.
30 bucks is cheap,i have a few pair some from the mid 80's still all good to wear,but if you want a good read, RMW-Williams has a very good book about his life and business dealings well worth the time to read..

30 bucks is cheap,i have a few pair some from the mid 80's still all good to wear,but if you want a good read, RMW-Williams has a very good book about his life and business dealings well worth the time to read..

thanks. Yes, only $30 but they are not new coming from the Salvos lol.

I gave them a good washing but as I stated they are baggy

Might have aread of RMW, might be able to pick up some money making ideas.

I think RMs have a sale on at the moment where if you buy a pair of boots you get a free jacket! pretty good deal, the jackets are sweet

Back