Hobart

Wow 11% seems high. I think Hobart is usually around 7% but I haven't used a Property Manager for about 12 months or more.
C-mac the last boom starting in 2001/2002 did ripple out to the outer suburbs. Hobart had huge increases in values. The inner city places tend to hold their value better when the cycle turns in my experience.

I understand 11% is the TAS REA state standard as a guide for agents. Hobart PM fees about 10% but from other posts I've read, I understand these can be negotiated depending on no of rentals etc

Thank guys for the info. Due diligence on the state is bringing up some interesting thongs for me as well!! For instance the offer/buying/contract process is very different to some other states.

Thank guys for the info. Due diligence on the state is bringing up some interesting thongs for me as well!! For instance the offer/buying/contract process is very different to some other states.

Yep, the no cooling off period is certainly something to get your head around, as well as the short contracts

What areas are the most desireable just outside of Hobart? Being very broad, the North, South, East or West. I just want to start having a little look.

Hobart is a very unique market but at the moment it is the only capital city that has a rising median house price, along with a dropping in unemployment which is a more natural trend compared to the other majors where median house prices are growing along with unemployment.

I understand 11% is the TAS REA state standard as a guide for agents. Hobart PM fees about 10% but from other posts I've read, I understand these can be negotiated depending on no of rentals etc

probably because of the sheer amount of driving required to get to and from properties.

Back