Hogs bristle trim

Dulux Limed White goes nicely with Lexicon 1/4. We have used Limed White (1/4 strength inside and full strength on the exterior) on our PPOR with Lexicon 1/4 gloss trim and flat ceilings. It's not yellow like hog bristle- has more of a grey undertone but is very neutral and easy to look at.
Limed white is a great colour & it's also a cool colour, which is why it goes well with Lexicon. I'm just a bit worried about going too cool with white floor tiles.

I'm just a bit worried about going too cool with white floor tiles.

I thought the same, Ms Jade, but white floors with white walls can look good if there is a lot of warmth and texture in the furniture, window coverings, floor rugs, other homewares, etc. Just depends on what they've got. Although for a rental - who really cares as long as it's not too bold and will appeal to the masses when it comes to being able to rent it out! :)

Many of the above combos can work. Just did a full interior elusive white ceilings and hogs 1/4 all walls and trim but gloss enamel for the trim. Slightly darker grey/brown tiles and slightly darker again carpet. New lights and fans all looks super. If you go cooler its ok just be mindful of what furniture is going in.

Just to confuse even more I have just done torte on my walls new build at home and it is awesome. Darker but soooooo neutral and the rooms are big so bright white arcs (dulux satin aquanamel with no tint at all) looks great with it.

Anything neutral is going to be ok. Its the yellows and aquas of the nineties that I don't like.

We have one room with hogs bristle full on the top 2/3 of the walls, self destruct on the dado panels and that dulux aquanamel gloss in pure white for the trim on the dado and all the timber trim.

Looks lovely.

Put self destruct on a whole wall next to hog bristle in another room and you honestly couldn't tell it was a different colour, so we just painted over it in hog bristle.

I am in the process of painting my place in Limed White full for the walls and Lexicon semi gloss for the trims with cypress pine floors. I really like the way it's turning out, now I just need to find an exterior colour!

Back