Holding costs of property in Tasmania

I am just wondering what are the holding costs of owning a property in Tasmania?

I noticed that land tax kicks in at a low rates (after $25,000k) For example a property with a land value of $200,000 costs over $1,000 in land tax.

Are council rates and water rates a similar price than Melbourne? Are there any other holding costs besides water rates, council rates, land tax or if applicable body corp that need to be considered in Tasmania.

Seems to me holding costs in Tasmania are much higher than anywhere else in Australia. Is this true?

I have a cheapish house in tassie. clarendon vale

all approx as they didn't charge me for a few years, then they caught up with me....

rates 1300
land tax 300
water 800
building insurance terri sheer 500

Couldn't be as expensive as rates and water in Moreton Bay and insurance/rates in Gladstone :mad:

Stamp duty used to be quite cheap in Tas in 2008 but I don't know any more.

I have a couple in Tassie, wouldn't say holding costs are the highest - Tassie has nothing on QLD for those.

Rough figures are similar to R377's post.

Rates $1000-1200
Water ~$800
Land tax ~$500 per property
Insurance $600-700
PM fees usually quoted around 10% but appear to be very negotiable (I pay 7% inc GST).

Compared to my properties in other states, everything on this list is cheaper in Tassie except I don't pay land tax outside of Tas.

Back