Holocaust Denial

Last week I received an email containing this message and some very disturbing photos of the concentration camps at Auschwitz and Berkenau. It was one of those-"pass this on to everyone you know" emails.

It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps, he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect: 'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the track of history some b*stard will get up and say that this never happened'
'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'
Edmund Burke

This week, the UK removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offended' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred.
This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving in to it.

I have some questions.

1. Is it true that Muslims deny the Holocaust happened?
2. Have the UK really removed the Holocaust from it's curriculum, if it were there in the first place?
3. Do these chain emails EVER do any good other than informing people?

I'm an avid reader of history and have read mnay books on WWII and Hitler. I also have travelled in Germany particulaly to see Auschwitz which brought me to tears. It is an extremely somber place and there is NO denying the mountains of hair, teeth, suitcases and shoes that fill the rooms there. The photos and film they have of the time completely tell the story, so how can it be denied?:confused::confused::confused:

What a sad, sad world we live in, where people can turn a blind eye to such atrocities. It's very disturbing.

Surely not ALL Muslim's deny Auschwitz and the "cleansing of Jew's" ever happened?:confused:

Regards Jo

There's an article about it. Keep in mind that this is not pressure coming from the Muslim community - it is teachers in some schools not teaching because they fear Anti-Semitic reactions. Apparently there has also been pressure from Christian parents in relation to what is taught in history lessons as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-445979/Teachers-drop-Holocaust-avoid-offending-Muslims.html

There's some discussion about it here:

http://www.adl.org/Holocaust/Denial_ME/default.asp

"What a sad, sad world we live in, where people can turn a blind eye to such atrocities. It's very disturbing."

Very true. But here in Australia, we turn a blind eye to the genocide committed on Aboriginals, in NZ towards the Maori's, in the America's towards the Indians and even today in Iraq. Then there's Stalin, the Japanese invasion of China, Israel continuing ethnic cleanse in the Middle East, the Arab retaliation to Israeli ethnic cleansing, Bosnia, Darfur, Rwanda, I could just keep going.

Mark

Thanks for the links Mark, more interesting reading.

I don't deny the crimes you speak of, nor the many others you haven't. It is the ugly face of man that rears it's ugly head repeatedly throughout history.

After reading the article you refer to, it seems it is not a "religious" belief but based more on the racist hatred that stemmed from the Nazi's in the first place. It seems the Muslim's jumped on board because of their already existing hatred for Jew's from the Israeli conflict and the Governments promote it.

As far as the teachers are concerned, another case of political correctness gone wrong. Was it England that banned a Christmas song in schools because of Muslim's?

Regards Jo

As far as the teachers are concerned, another case of political correctness gone wrong. Was it England that banned a Christmas song in schools because of Muslim's?

I believe it was a teacher who banned it from her classroom for fear of offending non-Christian students. I think it's important to make it clear here that these issues are not protests coming from minority communities, but rather PC nonsense gone stupid. It's not like Muslim (or other) communities are protesting about Christmas carols and other such things. These are all decisions that seem to have been made by individual teachers or schools. Blaming Muslims for it is easy and sells papers.

Mark

it's just more way of re-writing history - i've said it once, i've said it a hundred times - it's George Orwell's 1984 all over again.

and the best bit is - it's the fear of litigation that causes us to SELF CENSOR - not by big brother just changing stuff.

who gains by denying the holocaust? removing the link between Nazi-ism and what?

maybe the seed is being sown for removing the link between Nazi concentration camps and those underground FEMA enclosures in Chicago and the Haliburton-constructed & renovated railyards in the heartlands of the USA.

why would Muslims deny the holocaust? because they don't recognise the Jewish state in the middle of Palestine? what possible benefit do they have to deny it? arrogance, sh_t stirring?

it's PC nonsense gone to the wall - Political Correctness? or is it "Personal Censorship"?

it's Inquisition style fascism - of the mind.

I believe it was a teacher who banned it from her classroom for fear of offending non-Christian students. I think it's important to make it clear here that these issues are not protests coming from minority communities, but rather PC nonsense gone stupid. It's not like Muslim (or other) communities are protesting about Christmas carols and other such things. These are all decisions that seem to have been made by individual teachers or schools. Blaming Muslims for it is easy and sells papers.

Mark

When I lived in a muslim country I asked the girl next door what she thought about christmas (as a muslim).

"What's not to like?" she said "Shopping, food, presents and holidays. It's great."

Most of us see Christmas as just the same ...

But Malaysia celebrated all the holy days imaginable with days of and feasts for everyone.

Now that was a multi cultural country :)

yeah i thought the maori's were the only native colony to ever hold back the british, and the ONLY native colony that britain EVER entered into negotiation with because they were too strong and too advanced in field warfare tactics with trenches and bunkers....?

The victors of war get to write the history books.

If Germany had of won, I suppose no one would have ever found out what happened.

See ya's.

Very true. But here in Australia, we turn a blind eye to the genocide committed on Aboriginals, in NZ towards the Maori's, in the America's towards the Indians and even today in Iraq. Then there's Stalin, the Japanese invasion of China, Israel continuing ethnic cleanse in the Middle East, the Arab retaliation to Israeli ethnic cleansing, Bosnia, Darfur, Rwanda, I could just keep going.

Mark

Maybe we try to forget about it a bit Mark, but it's still written down in history. At a local aboriginal murder site in northern NSW, 'The Myall Creek massacre', there is plaques and stuff, and the 7 white stockmen who commited the murders were hung for the crimes. It's not like we deny it happened.

In some old history books about my area there is some stories about some early settlers being trapped in their houses from aboriginal attack. It was just that the whites had guns and the aboriginals only had spears that the whites survived.

See ya's.

Back