Home based business insurance?

Not sure if this is the right area for this type of querey but here goes.

My wife has recently started a home based photography business (families, newborns etc.) and turned what was going to be out theatre room into a studio:(

I am in the process of finding an insurer who will cover our home and contents along with business insurance for the photography business but it is proving difficult as some insurers won't cover the home if business is being conducted and some will only cover if they get the business insurance (at exobitant rates!).

As we live in Central Qld insurances can be quite high and with my limited time it's difficult to get quotes from multiple insurers only to be told late in the process that they can't cover because of the business.

So my question is, has anyone with a home based business had similar issues and would you suggest using an insurance broker? If so can anyone please recommend and good broker?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bhp19, PM me your email address and I will give you a soft introduction to a great insurance broker who did my insurance for me. I also work from home (but in a different field). Very happy with the result he got me and he was very professional.

Back