Home Internet Options

Believe it or not but I've never had wifi on at home - I'm not a 'downloader' and have always just used my iPhone or iPad for surfing. My wife is about to go on maternity leave and we will be using the internet a lot more from now on. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good provider and plan as there seem to be so many options out there? We don't need a home phone as both have mobiles.

Thanks

Are you specifically needing mobility? (when you say "wifi" is it just around the house or you need to roam like you mobile?)

The Y-man

Sorry, let me correct that, looking to get the internet connected, and then add wifi around the house. Does that make sense?

If you get ADSL then you will have to pay line rental. But you can just not hookup the phone.

Some will do the line rental as a bundle.

TPG and exetel do good cheap bundles.

If you can get NBN then you dont need a home phone line.

We use TPG and it it has never been a problem in our area. Check how far you are from the nearest ADSL hub as that will determine how fast your speed will be (regardless of provider)

I'm with iinet & they are great.
I've only had to call them a couple of times when I couldn't connect to my work network via VPN.
You get someone on the phone straight away & more importantly the helpdesk is based in WA.

Thanks for the advice!

Just had a chat with Commander who do the phone systems at my business and they have offered $50 p.m. unlimited downloads no phone. Is this comparable to what you pay?

I'm with TPG and happy with it.

Paying 69.99 PM (We added a phone bundle worth of $10, Internet only was 59.99)
Unlimited downloads.
Unlimited local and STD calls.
We have TPG mobiles so, unlimited calls from home to mobile.

I'm with TPG and happy with it.

Paying 69.99 PM (We added a phone bundle worth of $10, Internet only was 59.99)
Unlimited downloads.
Unlimited local and STD calls.
We have TPG mobiles so, unlimited calls from home to mobile.

Thanks allsuccess, sould slike a good deal then, IM waiting to find out if it includes a phone line/calls.

Thanks for the advice!

Just had a chat with Commander who do the phone systems at my business and they have offered $50 p.m. unlimited downloads no phone. Is this comparable to what you pay?

Just make sure that by 'no phone' doesn't mean that you still need to have an active land line.

You can also compare deals on whirlpool. net.au

Back