Home made champagne quick easy save $$$

I like wine

I like olives

But if wine were supposed to be made of olives I am sure they woudl have worked it out long ago !

Gonna have to try this champagne stuff some time.. I've drunk theodd Moet nd whatever 's been served at toasts. A relative of mine went to France and was lucky enough to stay with friends who have their own grapes growing in the Champagne region and they make their own. My cousin said that the commercial stuff didnt stand up and she could actually taste the often decribed flavours such as bread in it...

It is the best way to drink vino. Touring for a couple of months through italy and the olive orchards of Tuscanny, was all we had......Wine and olives!! ....and cheese

Cheers,

F

What if we mixed tsipouro (raki) with carbonated water insted of vodka and then we'd have carbonated rocket fuel :p :D

I thought of that... ! LOL

I've got this stuff from Cyprus at home, called Zivana, supposed to be like a tsipouro. But I beleive it's actually Cypriot for PAINT THINNERS and only on Cypriots actually drink it. Perhaps it will taste better with bubbles ?

For those who dont know, tsipouro, largely home-made but avaialbe commercially is the orginal verision of the greek spirit ouzo. Apparently ouzo or uso was misred on a barell on the way to MArseilles and it ws thoguht to be a name. Ouzo now is distilled ifferently from tsipouro. Ouzo always has that anisete flavur, whereas tsipouro may / may not. Tsipouro is similarly made to Italian grappa, and of course the Balkan / Turkish raki. Strong stuff, but usually about the same as other spirits, tastes like it's 90% alc. though.

Most greeks you'll see only drinking 1-2 glases - with food / niblies(peanuts don't cut it). Then they'll have lunch and then sleep it off

Player, you ever tasted grappa - does it taste the same as tsipoouro ? (aniste/glykism aside).

No I haven't jaycee.

I don't really drink spirits.....more a beer and wine guy.

I do use the tsipouro however for anaesthetic/antiseptic purposes, viz: toothache.

I would anticipate it also handy as fuel injector cleaner

If you use tsipouro say to rub on sore muscles, try that Zivana stuff from Cyprus, I'm convinced that's what the Cypriots use it for !

Tsipouro is only a novelty / occasion drink for me, I think the last time I ahd some was when the bottle I brought bck from Greece in 06 was finished last year.

what about a sweet greek wine mixed wth soda water ? retsina and soda water ?

you know... a bottle of YELLOW or PINK only costs $8.00 at dan murphies......

... much cheaper than buying even a cheap dessert wine and sparkling water.

No I haven't jaycee.

I don't really drink spirits.....more a beer and wine guy.

I do use the tsipouro however for anaesthetic/antiseptic purposes, viz: toothache.

I would anticipate it also handy as fuel injector cleaner

Hubby saids this stuff would do wonders for VYBerlinaV8! Something to do with Holden....

Back