Home made champagne quick easy save $$$

It's hubby's invention not mine. Makes many many fresh bubbling champagne just when you feel like one after a long day work.....

Ingredients:
- A nice champagne glass (In order to achieve best visual result)
- A bottle of dessert wine $0 - $25 (Which you don't like drinking anyway, we were given a bottle as Christmas pressy :p)
- A bottle of cheap 'Home Brand' sparkling water $0.99

Method:
Chill champagne glass. Fill 1/3 or 1/2 glass with dessert wine then top it up with sparkling water, done! Quick easy, anytime, everyday, low cost.

NOTE: For women who are light drinkers can simply adjust portion of wine:water down to 1:4
DOWN SIDE: No popping of cork. Not romantic when you see the Home Brand label~

It's hubby's invention not mine. Makes many many fresh bubbling champagne just when you feel like one after a long day work.....

Ingredients:
- A nice champagne glass (In order to achieve best visual result)
- A bottle of dessert wine $0 - $25 (Which you don't like drinking anyway, we were given a bottle as Christmas pressy :p)
- A bottle of cheap 'Home Brand' sparkling water $0.99

Method:
Chill champagne glass. Fill 1/3 or 1/2 glass with dessert wine then top it up with sparkling water, done! Quick easy, anytime, everyday, low cost.

NOTE: For women who are light drinkers can simply adjust portion of wine:water down to 1:4
DOWN SIDE: No popping of cork. Not romantic when you see the Home Brand label~

But you still have the taste of the dessert wine that you don't like drinking???? Dont you? albeit it is a bit gassier.

F

here's another recipe, which is a bit better ;)

buy a bottle of wine that you LIKE.

buy one of these:

unbranded-soda-syphon-black.jpg

put wine inside it release the gas and you have your champagne

although the manufacturers of real champagne might object to you using that word to describe the result :D

now if you want to get drunk real quick - replace wine with vodka :D

Might be cheap sparkling wine ( which you can buy a drinkable bottle for $20 mind you ) but it will never be champagne!

I'd suggest to get apple cider, and pour it into a champagne glass. Similar colour, similar bubble sparklies, and tastes much better than diluted white wine. :)

Sounds like something for people who like sweet sparkling wines. Champagne style wine is generally at least a little dry. And real champagne is definitely quite dry.

Do you know that you give champagne to your real friends, and real pain to your sham friends?

I have added 7-up (lemon/lime pop) to a wine I don't like. Usually makes it taste much better.
Favorite Aussie wine is still Passion Pop.We had that and real champagne at our small wedding, and it was the best at $3.29:)

Just realised.

That would make Olive wine?

Not something I would look forward to ;-)

I like wine

I like olives

But if wine were supposed to be made of olives I am sure they woudl have worked it out long ago !

Gonna have to try this champagne stuff some time.. I've drunk theodd Moet nd whatever 's been served at toasts. A relative of mine went to France and was lucky enough to stay with friends who have their own grapes growing in the Champagne region and they make their own. My cousin said that the commercial stuff didnt stand up and she could actually taste the often decribed flavours such as bread in it...

Back